GDT:Sabres at Rangers. 4/27/21 7pm MSG WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anybody watching the game?

Yes, PTR, we are watching the game.  Did you notice that it sux as a hockey game and so we're discussing the failings of Dan Dunleavy instead?  Or are you too busy raking leaves in the eternal autumn that is New Hampshire?  

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Before you get too supehero, there is an ongoing argument with a separate thread about this, and there are merits on both sides.  I tend to think that they do matter, but there are strong arguments against.  

I perused that thread. I can understand the "faceoffs don't matter" opinion. I am of the mindset that having possession of the puck is better than not. I suppose you could put more weight into winning "high importance" faceoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Did the NHL tweak the timing of commercials? There was no commercial after the first break in action after the clock ticked under 6 minutes to go. The third TV break came a little later.

First whistle after 12, 8, and 4 as far as I know.

And intermissions are 90 minutes long now.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Yes, PTR, we are watching the game.  Did you notice that it sux as a hockey game and so we're discussing the failings of Dan Dunleavy instead?  Or are you too busy raking leaves in the eternal autumn that is New Hampshire?  

I don't know what game you're watching. I'm seeing the Sabres outshoot the Rangers 16-6 with several dangerous scoring chances.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I've changed with age. Gone are the days at the sports pub, arrived are the backyard days. Now, once the 96" TV goes in, the backyard will feel like a sports pub.... 🙂

Not until @PASabreFan and I get there, start drinking shots, and start fighting.

Also, do you have bologna sandwiches on white bread?  PA likes those.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what game you're watching. I'm seeing the Sabres outshoot the Rangers 16-6 with several dangerous scoring chances.

The scoring chances were not dangerous.

There may be a vole under the leaves.

Best rake now.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

First whistle after 12, 8, and 4 as far as I know.

And intermissions are 90 minutes long now.

First two were after 14 and 10 as per usual. Maybe somebody screwed up after 6.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not until @PASabreFan and I get there, start drinking shots, and start fighting.

Also, do you have bologna sandwiches on white bread?  PA likes those.

The scoring chances were not dangerous.

There may be a vole under the leaves.

Best rake now.

Only if the baloney is fried into charcoal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.