GDT Sabres at Rangers 6pm 4/25/21 MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He got saved by the Bruins being off and his defense. Not saying he won't be good eventually, but he was out of position a lot Friday. First night jitters, overplaying the puck.

Maybe it would be good to play him again.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Tokarski in net

Miller in for Borgen 

UPL probably gets the net on Tuesday 

I think its crazy the Buffalo Sabres are beating playoff bound hockey teams with the unkown and untested at the NHL level likes of Tokarski and UPL.

Amazing...

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think its crazy the Buffalo Sabres are beating playoff bound hockey teams with the unkown and untested at the NHL level likes of Tokarski and UPL.

Amazing...

It’s the NHL.  Goals go in off players butts.  I like what the Sabres are doing but let’s not pretend they are beating the 1927 Yankees.  Even the best teams lose 25-30 games a season.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

3-8 in the last month v. Teams in playoff position.

Haven't beaten the Caps away and Pens at home in regulation in 5 and 9 years seems like I remenber reading recently. 

After an 18 game losing streak and change at HC ( another unknown ) 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s the NHL.  Goals go in off players butts.  I like what the Sabres are doing but let’s not pretend they are beating the 1927 Yankees.  Even the best teams lose 25-30 games a season.  

Its not the way I see them winning hockey games as of late ( off of players butts ) which generally equals out IMO.

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

I just looked at the standings. Apparently we aren’t gonna finish last after all. Not sure how I feel about this. I’m glad they’re playing better but having beat odds at #1 I’d really like at this point. 

Maybe we should lose on purpose? I bet that could be a good strategy!

😜

• Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So do those wins count for double or something?  Again, they are playing better than they were, but that's not hard to do given how bad they were.

This season, from an entertainment standpoint, yes.   ;  )

I understand where your coming from.

Homers take what we can get sometimes.

MELON

WHIP

blues.gif

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Wait.  The 1927 Yankees played hockey?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm not as concerned now with wins vs losses. Just what their complete level is overall and how the young guys develop. At this point I'm not selective on who they play. With our record why sbould we deminish our play based on be it Washington or the Rangers? I mean I'm not expecting us to out play the top tier teams we're not there yet. But play hard against them I expect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.