If you were GMKA, what is the most you would pay Reinhart to extend?

nfreeman

If you were GMKA, how much would you pay Reinhart to extend?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What's he worth to ya?

• Would not extend him -- I want to trade him this summer
    • Less than 5 years x $5MM per year
    • 5 years x $5MM per year
    • 6 years x $6MM per year
    • 7 years x $7MM per year
    • 8 years x $8MM per year
    • More than 8 years x $8MM per year

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Eichel and Reinhart for Tkachuk, Lindholm and a good 3rd piece (for example) certainly does not do that.

And we've been garbage for the past three years, so...

(*Standard disclaimer: this point is made for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as the poster advocating for the trading of either Jack Eichel or Sam Reinhart. Results may vary. Call your physician if symptoms persist beyond the first round of the playoffs.)

Walter White GIF by Breaking Bad

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

or it could set them up for a playoff run if they're able to acquire a #1 goalie, top 6 C, top 3 W, high level prospect, etc..  WHO PLAY THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY

In your opinion is the way Jack plays the game as much of a concern to you as the way Reinhart plays the game?

43 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe it's just the mode I'm in at 11:26 AM on April 23 but I think Jack is getting traded.

How they are handling Jack's injury within the media is a ridiculously ham-handed tell, in my estimation

They don't care what Jack does, they just want to get a release out, as soon as possible (and already did) with a bottom line that reads, 

"WILL BE OK FOR NEXT YEAR"

He's gone

I say there's zero chance with his injury teams will give crap up now till they know he's healthy to his normal self 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I say there's zero chance with his injury teams will give crap up now till they know he's healthy to his normal self 

Said KA to the media person crafting the Sabres' Eichel Injury-related press releases 

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Eichel and Reinhart for Tkachuk, Lindholm and a good 3rd piece (for example) certainly does not do that.

(*Standard disclaimer: this point is made for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as the poster advocating for the trading of either Jack Eichel or Sam Reinhart. Results may vary. Call your physician if symptoms persist beyond the first round of the playoffs.)

tenor.gif

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

In your opinion is the way Jack plays the game as much of a concern to you as the way Reinhart plays the game?

No.

I don't want to see Eichel traded.   His offensive output greatly outweighs his defensive liability.

I would love to replace a soft 20 goal guy, who contributes nothing else, with a strong 15g guy who plays a 200ft physical game.   

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

No.

I don't want to see Eichel traded.   His offensive output greatly outweighs his defensive liability.

I would love to replace a soft 20 goal guy, who contributes nothing else, with a strong 15g guy who plays a 200ft physical game.   

I'm assuming this player is also in the 40 point range (congruent 25% mark down)?

An interesting thing about Reinhart is how much be benefits Eichel in the neutral zone through transition. There's a distinct mark UP in the possession numbers of JE when Reinhart is stapled to his hip, IIRC

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Except he won't be a top 6 forward by then.  I'd rather go higher aav for shorter term. 8.5x4 nets Sam 34 million while 6x6 nets him 36. I'd rather pay more up front, not have the two most likely albatross years of the deal and revisit the situation then. Sam gets another contract at age 30 which will likely be better and longer than the one he would get at age 32. 

I have no problem with this theory/approach, but you have to consider cap constraints.  With Jack's big deal, Skinner's, Okposo's and a big one coming for Ullmark or a UFA goalie, where do you find the $?

Edited by msw2112

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I have no problem with this theory/approach, but you have to consider cap constraints.  With Jack's big deal, Skinner's, Okposo's and a big one coming for Ullmark or a UFA goalie, where do you find the $?

They had Hall, Montour, & Hutton all making big/relatively big bucks and stayed under the cap.  All 3 are gone, they can find the cap space for those adds you mention.  Especially if they can bail on Miller's deal.  (By sending him to Seattle, not by buying him out.)

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Except this is the Sabres, so it will be Eichel and Reinhart for Monahan and Gaudreau 😬🤢🤮

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

So, we're talking about the Sam Reinhart who is tied for 12 in goal scoring for the entire NHL? Without Jack Eichel?

That Sam Reinhart?

The same one that “falls a lot”, and only scores “on deflections and tips”, and “never goes “in the dirty areas”. Yes. That guy. 😂

Edited by Zamboni

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

The same one that “falls a lot”, and only scores “on deflections and tips”, and “never goes “in the dirty areas”. Yes. That guy. 😂

For proof, just see his second goal last night 😘

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

While the narrative is that this is another JBOT screw up, the flat cap will result in Sam getting a lot less then he would have gotten pre-COVID. Look at the comparables and then at teams with Cap space. He might be lucky to get $6M with term.

This is the best case I can see for Sam staying.

When you look at the teams that can or will pay him, the Sabres will be able to make a competitive offer.

I don't see it a Botterill screw-up; the flat cap saved his ass. The time to sign him long term was the past off-season and that was Adams watch.

It’s unfortunate timing for Reino.  There probably isn’t a $7.5MM x 7 year deal out there for him this summer, and there probably would’ve been one like that if the pandemic hadn’t occurred.

it will be interesting to see whether this makes him inclined to sign, say, a 2xyear deal with the Sabres on the theory that when it expires there will be much more cap space in the FA market.  

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

When you look at the teams that can or will pay him, the Sabres will be able to make a competitive offer.

I don't see it a Botterill screw-up; the flat cap saved his ass. The time to sign him long term was the past off-season and that was Adams watch.

Adams pushed for term, Sam and his agent bet on himself and the economy. He may want to do it again, the team may have to make a decision whether to sign him for another year or move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

While the narrative is that this is another JBOT screw up, the flat cap will result in Sam getting a lot less then he would have gotten pre-COVID. Look at the comparables and then at teams with Cap space. He might be lucky to get $6M with term.

That certainly doesn't make it a "narrative" 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Botterill had ample opportunity to get it done. He wasn't even fired until what, mid June last summer? Even if he couldn't get it done in '18, '19..he should have had the framework in place by June '20

51 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It’s unfortunate timing for Reino.  There probably isn’t a $7.5MM x 7 year deal out there for him this summer, and there probably would’ve been one like that if the pandemic hadn’t occurred.

it will be interesting to see whether this makes him inclined to sign, say, a 2xyear deal with the Sabres on the theory that when it expires there will be much more cap space in the FA market.  

Why would the Sabres want to sign him for 2 years and lose him to UFA?

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Botterill had ample opportunity to get it done.

Sure, but he would have paid more than Adams would have had to last year. That’s circumstance, not any great Botterill foresight. Also, in 2019, Botterill still had leverage in 2020 as a fallback. Adams did not in 2020 and Sam has the power this year.

But given what Tom, said about Sam not wanting term, he may have already decided a year ago to keep the door open for moving on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.