Jump to content

Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

They should hold him out until he accepts 5 passes in a row in practice without completely fumbling it.  I have never seen a player unable to handle the puck as much as Hall has this season.

He handled a half-rink pass just fine from Dahlin last game and immediately fired it tape to tape to Mitts who scored.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess New Jersey must have read my thread here as they are not playing Palmieri in anticipation of trading him soon...I am so afraid Hall will get hurt and totally ruin any chance of getting something/anything for him as that would be in line with our crappy luck over the years! I also think Hall will not re-sign here and certainly not for 5-6 mil per year...I am sure someone will pay him more in the summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

I guess New Jersey must have read my thread here as they are not playing Palmieri in anticipation of trading him soon...I am so afraid Hall will get hurt and totally ruin any chance of getting something/anything for him as that would be in line with our crappy luck over the years! I also think Hall will not re-sign here and certainly not for 5-6 mil per year...I am sure someone will pay him more in the summer

Well, pretty sure the 1st Overall Pick going to Hall's team only works when he's still on the roster on lottery day, so if he does break in the next week, their pick bumps up from the 4th pick overall to the 1st.

Who's got the value charts?  Is that bump worth more or less than a mid-2nd round pick?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well, pretty sure the 1st Overall Pick going to Hall's team only works when he's still on the roster on lottery day, so if he does break in the next week, their pick bumps up from the 4th pick overall to the 1st.

Who's got the value charts?  Is that bump worth more or less than a mid-2nd round pick?

Up from 3rd at lowest, actually 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Up from 3rd at lowest, actually 

[s]Umm, if they don't win any of the draws, it is 4th at best.  And really, isn't it totally fitting with how this season went so far to have them follow Detroit's playback from last season and lose all 3 draws? [/s]

(Why is there no strike though text option anymore?  Bold, italics, & underline sometimes simply aren't enough options.  😉 )

As Emily Lutella used to say:  Nevermind.

Edited by Taro T
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I don't see it in this thread.

If we were to start holding him out of games today, can we start the clock ticking on the required quarantine period he'd need to go through before joining a new team?  That would have to assume he gets a private charter or is within driving distance to the new city.

We're less than a week from the deadline, I'd imagine that it would be valuable for any new team if he could jump right in after a trade goes through.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Umm, if they don't win any of the draws, it is 4th at best.  And really, isn't it totally fitting with how this season went so far to have them follow Detroit's playback from last season and lose all 3 draws?

Aren’t There are only two draws now for the First and Second Overall Picks, the Lottery Format was changed by the BOG a few weeks ago I believe. 
 

The 31st team could only fall to 3rd now I think 
 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Aren’t There are only two draws now for the First and Second Overall Picks, the Lottery Format was changed by the BOG a few weeks ago I believe. 
 

The 31st team could only fall to 3rd now I think 
 

 

Did not know that.  (Only very peripherally had been following league news these past 6 or so weeks.)

🍺

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shootica said:

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I don't see it in this thread.

If we were to start holding him out of games today, can we start the clock ticking on the required quarantine period he'd need to go through before joining a new team?  That would have to assume he gets a private charter or is within driving distance to the new city.

We're less than a week from the deadline, I'd imagine that it would be valuable for any new team if he could jump right in after a trade goes through.

It makes sense and would lead 1 to expect Palmiari (sp?) is heading north in 6 or so days provided he drives there by himself.  Taking a plane would presumably restart the 7 day clock.  (Not sure of the details of the Canadian quarantine rules.)

So, would also guess he's heading to Moe-ray-all or TO as those are the only buyers up there within a reasonable car ride's distance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A prospect would be so much more exciting. Or imagine getting a young player like Debrusk. Won’t happen, was just thinking of that rumour  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A prospect would be so much more exciting. Or imagine getting a young player like Debrusk. Won’t happen, was just thinking of that rumour  

The Leafs are on record as being willing to part with their top prospect.

We would have to get highly creative, but can we somehow turn Hall into Nick Robertson?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made my feelings about Linus very clear, but if he is determined to test the market:

Hall and Ullmark for Robertson and Freddie Andersen (who has been hurt and has not played well) with us retaining salary?

It solves the Leafs two biggest issues heading into the playoffs and gives us an NHL ready prospect and a chance to test-drive one of this year's UFA goalies.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sabres lose Ullmark that'd be a crying shame... finally a goalie developed... a couple in the wings and they dont grow on trees.  TM biggest failing... Young D developing... if Im trading anyone in the top its Hall and maybe Ollofson but that is about it on O.  Montour and Miller expendable but this team finally has coaching.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I've made my feelings about Linus very clear, but if he is determined to test the market:

Hall and Ullmark for Robertson and Freddie Andersen (who has been hurt and has not played well) with us retaining salary?

It solves the Leafs two biggest issues heading into the playoffs and gives us an NHL ready prospect and a chance to test-drive one of this year's UFA goalies.

Undertaker GIF by memecandy
 

 

 @LGR4GM sensing this post 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I've made my feelings about Linus very clear, but if he is determined to test the market:

Hall and Ullmark for Robertson and Freddie Andersen (who has been hurt and has not played well) with us retaining salary?

It solves the Leafs two biggest issues heading into the playoffs and gives us an NHL ready prospect and a chance to test-drive one of this year's UFA goalies.

Maybe the Leafs would be willing to pay up because winning the weak north division this year gets you right into the final 4

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • nfreeman changed the title to Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming
  • SDS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...