GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 3/15/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Doohickie

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yeah, that was a good one. 

What do you want me to say Mike? I can't say our coach blows. The team will fine me.

I get the question, but why? Why ask that question? What does Mike think he's going to say, "you know what Mike? Screw this coach and team."?

I get the frustration, trust me I think we all do. But don't set him up for garbage like that. 

Edited by MidwestSabresFan
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Actually, yes, they will. They already did actually. One Gilbert. He was better than Ovi for his time, way better. It's always a combination of the player, and the cast around him, Ovi has been much more fortunate than others to have a great supporting cast for many years, Gilbert did for 7 years. There are real tangibles that make the difference. Ovi is a pure goal scorer, but, he'll never be a Gretzky.

Ovi is a more complete player than Gretzky was, and is playing in an era that is much harder to score in. 

1 minute ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

I get the question, but why? Why all that question? Does Mike think he's going to say, "you know what Mike? Screw this coach and team."?

I get the frustration, trust me I think we all do. But don't set him up for garbage like that. 

Well to be fair this is Buffalo.  If they had to face the New York City press they would of been roasted for weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Southtown Tommy said:

Tell me how I am wrong....I'm listening. You ever watch playoff hockey? I know it hasn't been played here in a long time.

There's threads somewhere explaining why you're wrong about Sam Reinhart, one of the only good players on this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Once again, the team overall makes the difference.

They did get to a cup final though.

Hey man, I love the history of our team and the old time players. I'm sitting underneath a signed Gil 8x10 right now. I'm just saying, Ovi is greatness that we're lucky to be seeing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Well to be fair this is Buffalo.  If they had to face the New York City press they would of been roasted for weeks.

Yeah, NY and Toronto media would have smoked them. This is getting ridiculous though. 

I just heard RK talk about changing up lines all the time... anyone else think they should keep lines consistent to gain some semblance of chemistry?

Oi!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a "hatchet man" for my company. I fire people at the behest of my betters. The blinking, the short throat clear, the repeat, the stutter. I've seen them all approximately 40 times in the last 5 years. Ralph is dead man walking. He knows it. He's ready for it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Ralph said: 

“the score can be magnified “     ?

“ we showed a battled component “  ?

” too complicated, we need to simplify “ ?

” we have good engagement in meetings”  ?

” there was still push on the bench”   ?

“the only way to get out of it is to (blah blah)”  ?

“ look at injuries we have and don’t have”    ?

” the adversity we sit in is (something, something) “

“Feels like we are in a deep, dark, place”  

“the picture needs to stay small” ???

”we will do everything to find that win tomorrow “

” we must show up” 

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

They did get to a cup final though.

Hey man, I love the history of our team and the old time players. I'm sitting underneath a signed Gil 8x10 right now. I'm just saying, Ovi is greatness that we're lucky to be seeing.

I know. But I cannot delude my memories unfortunately.

Oh how I long for the Frenxh Connection, the Molginy/ Lalalalalafontaine, the Hasek, the Drury/Briere days.

But nothing to date has surpassed Gil. I long for a player, nay, a leader like that.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.