GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

RK is treading water.  His post game press conferences are the same.  This team has played bad hockey since January of last season.   So fragile mentally.  One goal and they go to pieces.  Fire RK.  This team has too much talent to play this poorly for a whole year.  Next coach must be younger, in touch and can get the players to play a system that uses their skills.  After being a fan since day one....I am ready to toss in the towel.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Probably not going to win the lottery based on the math, weak-ish draft that maybe teams still actually playing this year haven't cottoned on to yet...I'd be dangling that pick right now if someone is willing to pay up something worthwile

Which means that they will probably win it. Because Sabres...

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Which means that they will probably win it. Because Sabres...

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Probably not going to win the lottery based on the math, weak-ish draft that maybe teams still actually playing this year haven't cottoned on to yet...I'd be dangling that pick right now if someone is willing to pay up something worthwile

the forward group is weak, defense is not looking so bad I thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

RK is treading water.  His post game press conferences are the same.  This team has played bad hockey since January of last season.   So fragile mentally.  One goal and they go to pieces.  Fire RK.  This team has too much talent to play this poorly for a whole year.  Next coach must be younger, in touch and can get the players to play a system that uses their skills.  After being a fan since day one....I am ready to toss in the towel.  

Young? No thanks. Experienced is what we need. This in touch young? Housley type? No thanks.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

With Mitts looking a little better than the last time we saw him, that line isn't too badly assembled in theory. 

This is what we've been reduced to as a fan base...looking for silver linings.

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

Young? No thanks. Experienced is what we need. This in touch young? Housley type? No thanks.

Young is not 20 something or inexperienced.  You read too much into it.  I am looking for a guy who has bench time and is in his late 30s early 40s.  That is young in my view.  

Edited by Nitro60
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Young is not 20 something or inexperienced.  You read too much into it.  I am looking for a guy who has bench time and is in his late 30s early 40s.  That is young in my view.  

I don’t think age should matter.  NHL coaching experience and proven winning is what matters.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Ralph, I respected you and you say this?   I hope it sounds better with the rest of the context.  Otherwise it is very bad form for a man known to be a classy gentleman.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.