GDT Sabres at Rangers 7PM 3-2-21

spndnchz

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

It can be debated whether it elicited any response from the team.  The stats would say NO, meaning no perceived "lift" in the play of the other players....disappointing. 

I would say though that if this were a home game last night in front of a full arena, the response from the crowd might be deafening....which still may or may not inspire this current team, but at least the fans in the stands would be charged-up.

This is so weird to me. A very precious few on here want to argue to the death about Cozens fighting. At the very least it elicited a passionate response from the fan base, whether you agree or disagree with it. If you can’t see that then you are just plain ignorant. Good grief..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

This is so weird to me. A very precious few on here want to argue to the death about Cozens fighting. At the very least it elicited a passionate response from the fan base, whether you agree or disagree with it. If you can’t see that then you are just plain ignorant. Good grief..

Oh yes. Call people ignorant for something they never said. Hey look everyone – it is say whatever you want day and it doesn’t matter if it has any relation to reality! You just think it and you say it!

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

I didn’t know that.  But I can not imagine what they would say that changes anything, so it doesn’t bother me.  What interesting information do you think you are going to get from the GM or ownership right now?

There would be a host of questions.

Jack Eichel's future with the organization.

Short and long range plan in place to deal with salary cap issues.

Is there an expansion draft plan in place.

Coach Krueger's future with the organization.

Have players or players agents cone forth with emphasizing wanting out.

Is there talks ongoing about netminder upgrades, and if so, is there a projected time table to address.

Reinhart extension is up this off season, where is the relationship between the organization and Reinhart, is he willing to stay.

What is the organization's plan with Dahlin both his regressed play and contract.

And the list of questions goes on. He may not answer them, but there are a bountiful, nah, a plethora of questions to be asked.

Since this seems to be the designated Cozens for captain thread, I guess I’ll put this here.

Not sure what it says about the players, the coach, or the fans, but it’s interesting.

Per 60 this season:

• Hits: Okposo 4.20 Cozens 3.34
  • Blocked shots: Okposo 0.90 Cozens 1.52
  • Giveaways: Okposo 1.20 Cozens 1.52
  • Takeaways: Okposo 1.20 Cozens 1.21
  • ice time: Okposo 13.20 Cozens 13.09
  • Corsi: Okposo 46.2% Cozens 48.4%
  • Fenwick: Okposo 45.1% Cozens 46.6%
  • Expected goals: Okposo .46 Cozens .56
  • Offensive zone starts: Okposo 44.6% Cozens 46.7%
  • PDO: Okposo 93.3 Cozens 102.8

I mean, it kinda looks like they are almost the same player, with Cozens having more luck (PDO)

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They were decidedly neutral. Their corsi is just over 50%. xGF% is 50.3, HDCF% is 59 so that is interesting and they started in the o zone or neutral zone most of the time with only 4 def zone starts. 

Is the line better with Cozens on the RW? 

14 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Wow. You’re big mad. I hope you figure out a way to get over it

Nope.

If this were the SAT:

The Sabres are to losing as…

A. Oxygen is to a pickle

B. A microwave is to an orange

C. Cal is to getting things wrong

D. All of the above

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Is the line better with Cozens on the RW? 

According to the numbers, no. The problem is we don't have enough TOI yet for the numbers to stabilize. 29 minutes for the HSO line means that one decent game or bad game accounts for half of the numbers. In this case they played okay I think it was against the Flyers in the first game they were together. Rangers, kinda mediocre. 

With Cozens their corsi is lower but the interesting thing that Cozens on that line means they started in the defensive zone more often than with okposo. 19 versus 4 starts. I am lazy and don't want to do the percentages but I will... hold on. 

32.8% d-zone starts for Cozens

20% d-zone starts for Okposo

Here are all the numbers. 

Cozens_Okposo21.thumb.png.56d384825413aca0a4af62fe36b9f6af.png

Edited by LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Since this seems to be the designated Cozens for captain thread, I guess I’ll put this here.

Not sure what it says about the players, the coach, or the fans, but it’s interesting.

Per 60:

I mean, it kinda looks like they are almost the same player, with Cozens having more luck (PDO)

My post with “Cozens for captain” was meant for entertainment purposes only. I could see it down the road at some point but I’m talking  at least 3 years away...

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Per 60 this season:

I know it’s common place to rag on Okposo, but I thought he has played much better recently than he has in a very long time. I mean, he’s equally as ineffective as anyone else on the ice, but not more so. What you just posted doesn’t surprise me at all.

1 minute ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

My post with “Cozens for captain” was meant for entertainment purposes only. I could see it down the road at some point but I’m talking  at least 3 years away...

You do realize that we are not allowed to have any sort of emotional response to a exciting action taken by a player on an unexcitable team without repercussions, correct?  

• Sad 1

Just now, John Tucker said:

You do realize that we are not allowed to have any sort of emotional response to a exciting action taken by a player on an unexcitable team without repercussions, correct?  

Do you include “exchanging messages back-and-forth“ as a form of repercussion?

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No Cozens punched someone a couple times so that means we won. Just ask the instigators, or krueger, or confused boomers everywhere.

it's pretty incredible. I've never read so much about a useless fight is a game that continued a losing streak and keeps the team in last place. Are they trying to distract us? It's embarrassing

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

it's pretty incredible. I've never read so much about a useless fight is a game that continued a losing streak and keeps the team in last place. Are they trying to distract us? It's embarrassing

I don't get it. I was happy Cozens didn't back down and he showed emotion but in the grand scheme of this season and this team, it doesn't mean *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ok guys, I’ve been looking for a reason, any reason at all, to get excited for this team. I’d hope that we can all agree that there hasn’t been any reason for excitement this year. It’s dreadful. Last night one of our promising young players showed some heart and beat a dude up to try to get the team fired up. Did it work? Well not so much. But I got excited as hell seeing it. I fell asleep during the 3rd period and missed it live. I was mad this morning when I woke up and saw it because I missed it. It was exciting for me. We might not win another game the rest of the year, but at least for the moment it gives me a glimmer of hope that there is still some heart on the team. Why can’t you guys let us have that?

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr

4 hours ago, Last Eichel Fan said:

KO on the second line. 

*Only* in Buffalo

I’m gonna throw a thought out there.  KO may work better with Staal as they are both slow of foot these days.  Hall becomes the token fast guy on that line I guess.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Did it elicit and emotional response from the team? 

They didn’t score a goal.  They didn’t look superhuman afterwards.

It’s not that I think it should help them score.  I’m just glad that Cozens cares.  And I think it does show his teammates that he cares.  That’s all really.

And I don’t even like fighting.  It’s just that in this case it’s an expression of Cozens’ mindset, and I appreciate that he cares.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There would be a host of questions.

Jack Eichel's future with the organization.

Short and long range plan in place to deal with salary cap issues.

Is there an expansion draft plan in place.

Coach Krueger's future with the organization.

Have players or players agents cone forth with emphasizing wanting out.

Is there talks ongoing about netminder upgrades, and if so, is there a projected time table to address.

Reinhart extension is up this off season, where is the relationship between the organization and Reinhart, is he willing to stay.

What is the organization's plan with Dahlin both his regressed play and contract.

And the list of questions goes on. He may not answer them, but there are a bountiful, nah, a plethora of questions to be asked.

Questions that go unanswered are not enlightening.  Anyway, they will speak eventually.  The questions will be asked then.  

1 minute ago, Curt said:

They didn’t score a goal.  They didn’t look superhuman afterwards.

It’s not that I think it should help them score.  I’m just glad that Cozens cares.  And I think it does show his teammates that he cares.  That’s all really.

And I don’t even like fighting.  It’s just that in this case it’s an expression of Cozens’ mindset, and I appreciate that he cares.

It blows my mind how some people can’t see it as a positive. Even if you don’t like fighting, you can still see it as a positive. I can agree with this 1000000%. And I like the fighting. We’ve lacked toughness for years. Is it a coincidence that we’ve been terrible for years? I don’t think so but that’s probably a different argument 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Per 60 this season:

Get out of here!  What are you trying to do to us?!  Have some common courtesy, would ya?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.