GDT: World Junior Championships

dudacek

32 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yes, an excellent WJC is always nice to see, especially if the guy is good against the top teams as well as the also rans. However, it’s no reason to drastically change the evaluation of a player.  JJP is not suddenly a top prospect.  I mean he might be, maybe, but it takes more than this to prove it.

... define top prospect. 

JJ Peterka has top 6 talent. 

That was a helluva Hail Mary pass by Quinn to spring Pelletier for the breakaway.

Kid continues to impress me with his board work and the way he moves the puck. It’s weird, he was best known as a sniper and that’s the one thing we haven’t seen from him.

Cozens is the most complete player I’ve seen so far in the tournament

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That was a helluva Hail Mary pass by Quinn to spring Pelletier for the breakaway.

Kid continues to impress me with his board work and the way he moves the puck. It’s weird, he was best known as a sniper and that’s the one thing we haven’t seen from him.

I have to keep reminding myself that in a normal year - he'd be in the NHL right now.

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He sure is comfortable handling puck down low near goal line 

13 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He sure is comfortable handling puck down low near goal line 

Didn’t get a point on the second goal but he kept the play alive and provided a screen in front.

I’m not impressed by Perfetti. He’s pretty soft and not that fast. He doesn’t backcheck very hard either.

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Canada is so frickin deep. It’s the 06 Sabres, wave after wave.

Every forward is top 6 good and they are relentless. The Finns are just hanging on.

I've kinda been hoping for an exciting game lol

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Didn’t get a point on the second goal but he kept the play alive and provided a screen in front.

I’m not impressed by Perfetti. He’s pretty soft and not that fast. He doesn’t backcheck very hard either.

Reminds me of Casey Mittelstadt in all honesty. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Yup. Perfetti is smart or something. When I watched some games of his I left being like meh. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Quinn's 2way play is why he made the team. I think there's an untapped playmaker in there. He's been impressive and I think it's because he's faster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.