GDT: World Junior Championships

dudacek

Czechs have always played their best against the Russians. They have historical hatred. I remember a game way back against the dreaded red army and the Czechs were supposed to lose big and they banged the Russians around the ice. Hit one so hard he went over the boards and those were the days of soft Euro hockey where nobody hit anybody much. Guess it still holds true.

Quinn had his best game so far imo. Looked like he belonged with the rest of them. beautiful play by Cozens to set up the game winner. We have a future!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Damn, Tourigny really loves his musical chairs, don’t he?

That said, I don’t know if if I’ve seen great chemistry from any of Canada’s lines so far.

Seems to me he's spreading his strengths around and trying to create a situation where he can just roll lines and dominate the Euro teams that have less depth rather than loading up on one line. This might change when the serious games start. 

I really like what our prospects are showing at this tournament. Cozens looks like the real deal. Quinn looks solid and JJ definitely looks like a first rounder that slipped into the second round. Johnson looks like an excellent skater who is still on the up and up. Gotta keep drafting well as this is the best way to make the big club so much better. That and some smart trades that fit. 

• Like (+1) 1

What a great period of hockey by the USA.  I thought Johnson was much more noticeable in a positive way except the one terrible giveaway.  I do really like Bobby Brink.  He is the guy I would have taken over Johnson, but agree Johnson has a nice future in our top 4, probably as Samuelsson’s partner.

Cozens vs Zegras?  Who is better?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Solid board work. Not flashy but effective,

This is the perfect description of Quinn.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Watching RJ in this tourney, it is very easy to picture him playing 10 years in the NHL as reliable second pair guy.

It’s hard to see a guy who skates and protects the puck that well not translating.

I keep calling him a 3rd pairing guy but I see that 2nd pairing potential. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.