GDT: World Junior Championships

dudacek

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It was a hard game to use for any real assessments since it was so clearly one sided but I agree with this. I saw Peterka make a number of good crisp passes and create some good rushes up ice. Good puck presence, good skills. With the proper development we have some real potential there.

Cozens was great, but again, weak competition. Some people seemed miffed he was moved to the wing, but idk, I think RW might be his better position. Definitely a force to be reckoned with and one of Canada's best players.  Quinn on the other hand wasn't terrible, but also did not stand out imo at all. 

I only saw a little of the U.S. game. What i saw Johnson is a very good skater. Don't know if he will develop into a good D man, but he could be a good puck mover. A little bit like Montour maybe. 

I know we can't know how the depth chart is going to look to a certainty a couple years down the line, but especially considering C is considered the more difficult position, I think we'd definitely be better off if Cozens ended up a centre for us - the Quinn pick could be a bit more difficult to stomach considering the Lundell's of the world on the board if we are still looking for our 2C once Staal is done. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Definitely. Cozens was a given, but wasn't surprised to see Quinn there, either. 

I haven’t seen star power, but Quinn plays hard and has a very good mind for the game. 
His defensive play has been hard to pick apart.

Now we need to see that shot.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I haven’t seen star power, but Quinn plays hard and has a very good mind for the game. 
His defensive play has been hard to pick apart.

Now we need to see that shot.

Agree. He's an older player too so I'd like to see his shot soon, too. 

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Czechs are not playing like it's a round robin game. Guys blocking shots all over the place, literally crawling off the ice in the middle of the shift.

I didn't see the USA vs Russia game. But, wow. We lost to this team? I know we had a bad tournament last year, I was really hoping we wouldn't repeat it this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.