Jump to content

Buffalo Sabres Training Camp (2020/21)


Recommended Posts

Training camp starts in 10 days. Figured we can put news and lines and stuff in here. Cozens is only going to get 4 days or so after the WJC ends depending on what Canada does. I would guess Quinn goes back to juniors (no surprise). Rustolainen will be an interesting player to watch. 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Training camp starts in 10 days. Figured we can put news and lines and stuff in here. Cozens is only going to get 4 days or so after the WJC ends depending on what Canada does. I would guess Quinn goes back to juniors (no surprise). Rustolainen will be an interesting player to watch. 

 

 

Is there even a junior season for Quinn to return to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Is there even a junior season for Quinn to return to?

Fortunately, the great foresight Botterill showed in avoiding Major Junior players after round one is paying off.

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting about UPL but not surprising. It is a reason I think Rusto makes the team, he would come for 2 weeks and then go back to Finland? Seems like the PUL situation but worse as he clearly is ready to play at a higher level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

 

The invite list will be interesting

Max 36 skaters and unlimited goalies. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even invite that many.

We have 42 players under contract. Sounds like Luukkonen won't be coming. Pekar and Laaksonen and basically any other Euro without a realistic chance of making the team might stay home too. Will guys like Biro and Dipietro and Fitzgerald and Murray be here just because, or are they going to be considered clutter?

And I feel like I'm the only one remotely intrigued by this but what is going on with Mittelstadt?

Edited by dudacek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential training camp roster

  • Eichel Hall Reinhart Dahlin Ristolainen
  • Staal Skinner Olofsson Montour Jokiharju
  • Eakin Girgensons Okposo McCabe Miller
  • Lazar Reider Asplund Irwin Davidson
  • Mittelstadt Thompson Ruotsalainen Bryson Borgen
  • Dea Smith Fogarty Oglevie Samuelsson Nelson

That's 31 skaters — the NHL roster, the top pro prospects and the top AHL vets (taxi squad?)

I'd stop right there, with Cozens and Quinn coming in when the WJC is over

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

 

And I feel like I'm the only one remotely intrigued by this but what is going on with Mittelstadt?

It is rather interesting that there has been nothing reported from either side.

Honestly, I think he’s irrelevant now.  I’m a little surprised that he wasn’t moved in a minor deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The invite list will be interesting

Max 36 skaters and unlimited goalies. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even invite that many.

We have 42 players under contract. Sounds like Luukkonen won't be coming. Pekar and Laaksonen and basically any other Euro without a realistic chance of making the team might stay home too. Will guys like Biro and Dipietro and Fitzgerald and Murray be here just because, or are they going to be considered clutter?

And I feel like I'm the only one remotely intrigued by this but what is going on with Mittelstadt?

Mitts is still unsigned, correct? From what I recall he was given a qualifying offer and his camp simply hasn't signed it? Or has he not even been given an offer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

And I feel like I'm the only one remotely intrigued by this but what is going on with Mittelstadt?

 

 

No, you're right.

You are not the only one that is intrigued, but you are the only one that remembers to post about.

The most surprising thing to me is the lack of local sports reporters putting any interest into finding out what is happening. Right now I am assuming that the Mittelstadt camp is what is holding this up.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Mitts is still unsigned, correct? From what I recall he was given a qualifying offer and his camp simply hasn't signed it? Or has he not even been given an offer?

He was qualified and chose not to sign it. Since then dead silent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He was qualified and chose not to sign it. Since then dead silent.

So he had a chance at arbitration and didn't take it?

I thought that was an automatic by your agent when qualified?

Sounds like he all but quit the NHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woods-racer said:

So he had a chance at arbitration and didn't take it?

I thought that was an automatic by your agent when qualified?

Sounds like he all but quit the NHL.

No he wasn't eligible for arbitration. Too young. The Sabres have all the leverage.

My opinion is the Sabres are saying take-it-or-leave-it on the qualifier, and the Casey camp is waiting until the last minute before taking it.

The agent may also be considering the possibility of a trade, where the acquiring team might be more generous.

I have seen nothing about Casey being dangled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, woods-racer said:

So he had a chance at arbitration and didn't take it?

I thought that was an automatic by your agent when qualified?

Sounds like he all but quit the NHL.

Or, as there was nothing going on over the extended summer, and Mittelstadt had absolutely no leverage whatsoever considering he never indicated a desire to play in Europe, there was no reason to sign a deal more than a week before TC opening.

As mentioned earlier, he wasn't eligible for arbitration and the Sabres had his exclusive negotiating rights.  Absolutely nothing to be gained signing earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...