Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GASabresIUFAN

Sabres Picking 8th

Recommended Posts

Lafreniere, Byfield, Stuetzle, Drysdale, Raymond, Holtz and Perfetti are the seven I hope are taken. This would leave Rossi exposed.

It would be a bonus if someone took a chance on Sanderson or Askarov to add options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m calling it right now. Toronto picks #1

I hope Columbus beats them.

Doesn’t Carolina have their 1st in the Marleau deal?

That would look good on the genius Dubas.

Edited by French Collection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is that this pick gets dealt in a package deal that will bring in a genuine 2C or even second line winger who can score goals. The imperative to make this a competitive/playoff team next season is to forestall Jack from getting so frustrated that he publicly declares that he wants out. The fanbase understandably is restless. They deserve some bold moves to inject some hope to an exasperated and fatigued fanbase. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My prediction is that this pick gets dealt in a package deal that will bring in a genuine 2C or even second line winger who can score goals. The imperative to make this a competitive/playoff team next season is to forestall Jack from getting so frustrated that he publicly declares that he wants out. The fanbase understandably is restless. They deserve some bold moves to inject some hope to an exasperated and fatigued fanbase. 

Well, if the package involves a 2C and we get a later first rounder I would be tempted.

Jarvis or Lapierre are good C prospects that could be in the 12-18 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Well, if the package involves a 2C and we get a later first rounder I would be tempted.

Jarvis or Lapierre are good C prospects that could be in the 12-18 range.

If you are going to acquire a 2C in a deal, even in a packaged deal, I doubt that the trading team will include their lower first round pick. A young but established 2C is a valuable commodity. If you want to secure one you have to pay a steep price. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hope Columbus beats them.

Doesn’t Carolina have their 1st in the Marleau deal?

That would look good on the genius Dubas.

The pick is conditional. If it’s too 10, Toronto keeps it and gives them next year’s pick instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shrader said:

The pick is conditional. If it’s too 10, Toronto keeps it and gives them next year’s pick instead. 

Ok, so if Toronto is knocked out they go into the phase 2 lottery. If they win they get #1, every other option goes to Carolina because of their record?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Ok, so if Toronto is knocked out they go into the phase 2 lottery. If they win they get #1, every other option goes to Carolina because of their record?

I’m too lazy to look into the standings so I’ll trust your math on that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team is three years away from making the playoffs so why bother trading the future when they are going to suck for the next couple anyway

Edited by CallawaySabres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team is three years away from making the playoffs so why bother trading the future when they are going to suck for the next couple anyway

They can go out and make the future now. Jack's future is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you are going to acquire a 2C in a deal, even in a packaged deal, I doubt that the trading team will include their lower first round pick. A young but established 2C is a valuable commodity. If you want to secure one you have to pay a steep price. 

JBots on line 2 for you Mr. C. He has some questions for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

McKenzie’s final rankings

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Raymond 

7. Rossi

8. Sanderson 

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

12. Lundell

18. Jarvis

I would be very helpful to us if someone really likes Sanderson and grabs him in the top 7.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2020-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-lottery-edition/

4. Raymond

5. Rossi

6. Drysdale

7. Sanderson

8. Perfetti

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

11. Lundell

19. Jarvis

Athletic New Mock Draft

4. Raymond

5. Perfetti

6. Drysdale

7. Rossi

8. Holtz

9. Sanderson

10. Quinn

11. Lundell
 

Looks to me that Holtz is the most likely pick for.  I’d love to see Rossi or Perfetti fall to us, but odds are against it.

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thought. Now we know that we aren’t getting any immediate help in the draft we can focus on getting help through trade.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's just something so non transparent about this process that just feels fixed.  Very strange process and then an even more weird presentation.

 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

At least the Sabres only dropped one spot. The poor RedWings dropped 3 spots to 4.

Screw them. I’m not about to feel bad for a team that’s won 71 Cups and was in the playoffs 36 straight seasons, when our miserable team has been around 50 years and hasn’t even been in a playoff game for the last 20% of its existence. 
 

And now the NHL wants to drum up some random improbable anomaly in a lottery to try and drum up interest in their sham Covid playoffs scenario? 
 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team is three years away from making the playoffs so why bother trading the future when they are going to suck for the next couple anyway

Every year we are always 3 years away. 
 

How is this even possible? 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Screw them. I’m not about to feel bad for a team that’s won 71 Cups and was in the playoffs 36 straight seasons, when our miserable team has been around 50 years and hasn’t even been in a playoff game for the last 20% of its existence. 
 

You didn’t catch my sarcasm font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

McKenzie’s final rankings

4. Drysdale

5. Perfetti

6. Raymond 

7. Rossi

8. Sanderson 

9. Holtz

10. Quinn

12. Lundell

18. Jarvis

I would be very helpful to us if someone really likes Sanderson and grabs him in the top 7

If Sanderson is available at 8 and we pass on him we will regret it same as in 2016 when we could have had McAvoy or even Sergachev. Mark my words on that. 

Rossi or Perfetti at 8 would be great, but I agree with your later comment and they'll be gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really trying to get pumped for this draft, but I can't.  And I was a season ticket holder.  Do, don't do, there is no try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Starting to think I might pick Askarov or trade the pick to NYR for Georgiev.

That is the worst idea I’ve heard. Keep the pick and draft Holtz . Georgiev can be acquired for some lesser asset. 

Edited by freester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...