Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres Sign Forward Dawson DiPietro to an ELC

Recommended Posts

Organization can never have too many small, college-educated left-shot forwards, right?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Organization can never have too many small, college-educated left-shot forwards, right?

Just increasing the odds of finding  ...

th?id=OIP.icuYmwtQn7-w4xM8Z4009QHaEg&pid

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Just increasing the odds of finding  ...

th?id=OIP.icuYmwtQn7-w4xM8Z4009QHaEg&pid

 

Thats exactly right. At least this guy has speed which I believe is something they need throughout the line up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

is 5'11 considered small in today's NHL?

Not if he’s 210

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

is 5'11 considered small in today's NHL?

No. It’s not. 5’ 11 - 6’ 1” is average.

 

He’ll be a full time Amerk right? If so, I hope he does well for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undersized? Check. 

Left shot? Check. 

Played College hockey? Check. 

Winger? Check. 

Add him to the pile! Botterill even found a way to get his obligatory "forward group" mention in. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Thats exactly right. At least this guy has speed which I believe is something they need throughout the line up

In Rochester? Sure. He's very likely not going to be an NHL player.

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

COVID-19 kills 

fify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Undersized? Check. 

Left shot? Check. 

Played College hockey? Check. 

Winger? Check. 

Add him to the pile! Botterill even found a way to get his obligatory "forward group" mention in. 

Yeah but does he speak Swedish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

is 5'11 considered small in today's NHL?

170 pounds was small in 1971’s NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But not today.  Different game.

So there is not such thing as small any more?

Conor Sheary and Lawrence Pilut might not have even played at all back then, but even in today’s game their size holds them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So there is not such thing as small any more?

Conor Sheary and Lawrence Pilut might not have even played at all back then, but even in today’s game their size holds them back.

There are guys who play small and guys who are small but don't play that way.  Marchand is 5'9" 180, but he doesn't seem that way on the ice.  Erod is 5'11 184 and plays smaller.  I don't know enough about Dawson to label him one way or another.  Kahun is 5'11 175 and certainly didn't look small or play small.

Right now, the more the merrier.  Bring them on Jbot and see who sticks.  Last I looked the Amerks have 12 RFAs/UFAs.  Guys like Wilson, Leier, Elie, Oglevie plus 4 D.  Who knows, we might just find a player or two.

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So there is not such thing as small any more?

I need a good retort when I hear this from my wife,,,,,,,,,,again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

is 5'11 considered small in today's NHL?

He's 1" away from being a 'big guy'.  I swear, people and height don't mix well.

 

Though looking back, apparently Michael Peca was 5'11".  I always thought he was small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

He's 1" away from being a 'big guy'.  I swear, people and height don't mix well.

 

Though looking back, apparently Michael Peca was 5'11".  I always thought he was small.

I think that’s a little generous. He was about the same height as my mom and she’s 5’9”. His hair at the time might have gave him a few more inches. I’ll see if I can find the pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

I think that’s a little generous. He was about the same height as my mom and she’s 5’9”. His hair at the time might have gave him a few more inches. I’ll see if I can find the pic

Hockey players height is measured with their skates on.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inkman said:

Hockey players height is measured with their skates on.  

It’s not.  Hockey players’ listed heights are not with their skates on.  I’m 96% sure of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

I think that’s a little generous. He was about the same height as my mom and she’s 5’9”. His hair at the time might have gave him a few more inches. I’ll see if I can find the pic

His hockey reference statistics are wrong then 😞. I’m glad to believe I always thought he was closer to 5’9”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Derek Plante was pretty small, but was a good hockey player 

5'11".  Not small. Just played like the biggest puss on Earth. 

40 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s not.  Hockey players’ listed heights are not with their skates on.  I’m 96% sure of this.

It's the only theory I can come up with as to why every player is listed 2-3" taller than they are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...