Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GASabresIUFAN

NBA Season Suspended - Can the NHL Be Far Behind?

Recommended Posts

See now this is different. There is an infected player. To continue games puts the rest of the players at risk. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole league gets tested within the next 24 hours. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) Tweeted:
It doesn't sound like the NHL will follow the NBA's lead tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Will they cancel games and start playoffs normally? If they post poned they would play into july

They could shorten the playoff rounds 

1st and 2nd Best of 3 or 5

Conference Finals Best of 7

Cup Final Best of 7 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An educated guess: In the next 10-14 days, give or take, most U.S. populations will be directed to isolate themselves for a ~30-day period. That’s the only way to flatten the curve.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL will definitely follow suit with NBA. It’s beyond them (owners) and their money grubbing hands. US and Canadian Governments Federal,State/Provincial & Municipal won’t tolerate it. It’s Over for awhile.

Edited by KC Scouts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Hanks and much of the the cast of the Elvis movie tested positive... travel to Europe suspended, it’s getting serious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

 

To me this doesn’t sound positive. I bet they want to have a plan in place for the playoffs and rest of the season before cancelling. Or maybe inform teams last game will be X date. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #freejame said:

To me this doesn’t sound positive. I bet they want to have a plan in place for the playoffs and rest of the season before cancelling. Or maybe inform teams last game will be X date. 

Maybe let teams all get to the same # of games played. Damn, the Sabres were about to go on a run and catch the Leafs, too!

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattPie said:

Maybe let teams all get to the same # of games played. Damn, the Sabres were about to go on a run and catch the Leafs, too!

Yeah I was thinking something along these lines. If you have a chance to qualify you get to play catch up but everything else is cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. But yes -- the NHL will have to follow suit, there's a lot of stadium/locker room crossover there. Here in Seattle it's already pretty wild (a usual 1 hour commute is in 30 minutes, or pretty much no slow downs whatsoever), so it is only a matter of time until lockdowns are pretty much mandatory for our population to wait it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Wow. But yes -- the NHL will have to follow suit, there's a lot of stadium/locker room crossover there. Here in Seattle it's already pretty wild (a usual 1 hour commute is in 30 minutes, or pretty much no slow downs whatsoever), so it is only a matter of time until lockdowns are pretty much mandatory for our population to wait it out.

I didn't think of that; I'll have to get the new battery in my bike if the roads are empty. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

An educated guess: In the next 10-14 days, give or take, most U.S. populations will be directed to isolate themselves for a ~30-day period. That’s the only way to flatten the curve.

Good call. 30 days seems long, though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd guess until a player gets it they will play without crowds. At the end of the year they may delay everything a week or so in order to give more time so they can get the fans back safely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Good call. 30 days seems long, though?

Maybe, but really you don't want to cut it short and have it spring back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, #freejame said:

There is an infected player.

Rudy Gobert

https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-thunder-rudy-gobert-ruled-questionable-days-after-touching-mics-to-make-a-point-about-coronavirus-201553536.html

Irony

"At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...