Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Did Lafontaine hire GMTM to fail?

Recommended Posts

Why isn’t this being spoken about more?

PLF hired Murray with the intent of him failing so he could take over as GM? 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Why isn’t this being spoken about more?

PLF hired Murray with the intent of him failing so he could take over as GM? 

 

Cuz it's speculative crap.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Cuz it's speculative crap.

This would mean that PLF wanted to be the GM but Terry said no, you can only pick the GM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SwampD said:

Cuz it's speculative crap.

John is very conservative in his comments. I would not dismiss this out of hand.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Why isn’t this being spoken about more?

PLF hired Murray with the intent of him failing so he could take over as GM? 

 

Boy, I can't say I've ever heard that before. And John isn't the kind of guy who would just speculate. Everything that I knew about the PLF/Murray thing was that PLF thought he was going to have more say in the GM stuff right up until the Pegulas didn't have his back anymore. For Wawrow to take the next step and accuse PLF of being a saboteur is quite the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wawrow's firing live ammo, eh?

Big news to drop in a random tweet to one of the thousands of Kevins on Sabres Twitter 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Big news to drop in a random tweet to one of the thousands of Kevins on Sabres Twitter 

i'm dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Boy, I can't say I've ever heard that before. And John isn't the kind of guy who would just speculate. Everything that I knew about the PLF/Murray thing was that PLF thought he was going to have more say in the GM stuff right up until the Pegulas didn't have his back anymore. For Wawrow to take the next step and accuse PLF of being a saboteur is quite the thing.

Yeah. I'm not buying it. Curious that this new tidbit comes out shortly after Duanne mentioned that we still don't know why PLF left in his rant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Terry said Pat turned down the GM job because Pat didn't think he was qualified. Then he accepted the POHO position.

I wonder if Professor Graham is going to come along and examine an AP writer's tweet that had no sourcing, attribution etc.

Edited by PASabreFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Boy, I can't say I've ever heard that before. And John isn't the kind of guy who would just speculate. Everything that I knew about the PLF/Murray thing was that PLF thought he was going to have more say in the GM stuff right up until the Pegulas didn't have his back anymore. For Wawrow to take the next step and accuse PLF of being a saboteur is quite the thing.

Wawrow never accuses.  His info ALWAYS comes from good sources or multiple good sources so if he is saying something its probably as close to the real truth as we are going to get. He is probably the best connected reporter to the "real story" we have in this area both Bills and Sabres.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wawrow never accuses.  His info ALWAYS comes from good sources or multiple good sources so if he is saying something its probably as close to the real truth as we are going to get. He is probably the best connected reporter to the "real story" we have in this area both Bills and Sabres.

Yup. He never beats anyone to a scoop, but he's a good reporter when it comes to sticking to the facts. Which makes this comment from him pretty heavy duty stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spinning this off into its own thread, but this comment from John Wawrow is full of intrigue.
 

Since we know Wawrow is, at the very least, extremely cautious, we can assume that this probably isn't a nothingburger.

Did PLF sabotage the tank? Has Wawrow been fed a line of spin from the org? What are we looking at here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Did PLF sabotage the tank? Has Wawrow been fed a line of spin from the org? What are we looking at here.

I don't quite follow that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

Agreed. This is -- as far as the Sabres go -- a frickin' news bomb just sitting in some obscure Twitter reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't quite follow that.

I'm lumping the recovery in. In essence, if he hired GMTM to fail, then he hired him to screw up the accelerated re-build.

The more I think about it, the more insane it sounds. Why would PLF think hiring a GM, who would then fail, would somehow get him the GM job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm lumping the recovery in. In essence, if he hired GMTM to fail, then he hired him to screw up the accelerated re-build.

The more I think about it, the more insane it sounds. Why would PLF think hiring a GM, who would then fail, would somehow get him the GM job?

The mind does sorta boggle.

It's also possible that PLF hired FGMTM to fail, but also didn't want him to execute a tank? Like: "This guy will fail for sure .......... HOLY SH1TBALLS, NOT FAIL LIKE THAT, TIMMAY!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Spinning this off into its own thread, but this comment from John Wawrow is full of intrigue.
 

Since we know Wawrow is, at the very least, extremely cautious, we can assume that this probably isn't a nothingburger.

Did PLF sabotage the tank? Has Wawrow been fed a line of spin from the org? What are we looking at here.

That would be my guess. The timing is,... curious.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing of everything always made me feel like LaFontaine was anti tank. Resigned a day or two after the Miller/Ott trade. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems way too conspiratorial to be likely.

I find it difficult to believe that PL hired a guy to fail when he also clearly stated that he needed to learn the job.  Was he going to intentionally learn the ropes from an incompetent?

Doesnt make sense to me.

 

Just now, Lanny said:

The timing of everything always made me feel like LaFontaine was anti tank. Resigned a day or two after the Miller/Ott trade. 

And this as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 cents, assuming there's a kernel of truth here: LaFontaine hired Murray and was prepared to take over as GM if he failed. I'd be pretty surprised if he hired Murray for the express purpose of failing. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

My 2 cents, assuming there's a kernel of truth here: LaFontaine hired Murray and was prepared to take over as GM if he failed. I'd be pretty surprised if he hired Murray for the express purpose of failing. 

But Wawrow would have had to write a completely different set of words for that to be the case. His tweet is pretty clear that Lafontaine hired him to fail on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he was trying to be Emperor Patty "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen" Palpfontaine? In a future press conference announcing his hire as Sabres GM, a Emperor PLF takes questions:

"So... this was part of the plan? Relying on a vergence-in-the-Moulson virgin birth #1 overall pick and starting a galaxy-wide "star" war league-wide labor shutdown was part of the plan? Being thrown down a shaft and exploding fired was part of your plan? Surviving a starcruiser crash onto the capital planet? Being a decrepit zombie for 30 years while spawning clones and awaiting <spoiler wall> was part of the plan?

"Good... good! Now witness the first pick of my fully funded and cap-compliant Sabres franchise!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SwampD said:

Cuz it's speculative crap.

Yep. Especially since Terry offered Pat the GM job to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...