GDT Anaheim Ducks at Sabres 2/9/20 3pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I would like to return Montour and get Guhle and our first round pick back please!

Guhle plus San Jose's #29. No Montour...    Then you can still move those pieces for a 2C if you wish, or try for depth, or use #29 or #31 to move up to earlier in the first is someone drops. Montour seems steady/calm enough with good mobility and all. But he's done nothing impressive in either end in his time with us. Although, there is a benefit to a milquetoast defenseman who doesn't visibly hurt you and is all-around solid. Like a....  who.... Lydman?

29 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm getting really close to that too.  I've been buying the center ice package for as long as it's been offered and I'm 50/50 on getting it again next year.  I'm tired of wondering if it's the coach, GM, players and I'm getting tired of caring about which one.  

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am going to continue to buy NHL.TV and watch every game, the highlights, and the interviews.  In addition I will buy tickets to attend every game I can when I’m in town.  

I have been there since season 1.  Not gonna stop ever, despite the cr@ppy product.  My wife knows this and let’s this character flaw go as I am a good husband and father - my Sabres lunacy is forgiven. 

I can't imagine how much harder it would be to care if I was out-of-market and had to pay extra to watch the games.

I will always say the Sabres are my team when asked, but I'm to the point where I'm 50/50 to even tune in on game nights. It's the same reason I barely post here anymore, even though I love the community here. The Sabres are an embarrassingly poorly run organization.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Guhle plus San Jose's #29. No Montour...    Then you can still move those pieces for a 2C if you wish, or try for depth, or use #29 or #31 to move up to earlier in the first is someone drops. Montour seems steady/calm enough with good mobility and all. But he's done nothing impressive in either end in his time with us. Although, there is a benefit to a milquetoast defenseman who doesn't visibly hurt you and is all-around solid. Like a....  who.... Lydman?

Lydman was very solid IMO. Teamed up well with Talinder 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I can't imagine how much harder it would be to care if I was out-of-market and had to pay extra to watch the games.

I think it's probably easier to pay the extra. I want to follow my hometown team, come hell or high water.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Lydman was very solid IMO. Teamed up well with Talinder 

An excellent pairing. And Lydman helped Tallinder reach his potential, too. Both top-4 and together they legitimately became a #1 pairing. If Montour can be the Lydman to someones's (Dahlin's) Tallinder, and they become a rocksteady top pairing,  then all's good on that acquisition.

But he's still unremarkable to me thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.