GDT Anaheim Ducks at Sabres 2/9/20 3pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

we did hit a few posts, we were a bit unlucky.    They had a very good 3rd period.

Oh yea, they had a good 3rd, against a team that is on the verge of passing us in the league standings, sinking us in to the bottom 5, yet again.

Let's face it Huckleberry, there isn't a whole lot to grab on to positive wise, not only for this recent last 7 or 8 games, but this season and these past 2 years. I won't include the tanking years, although, I should, but this team is not only heading nowhere fast, I don't see it changing for the next year or 2 on top of that. Now I could be wrong about that last comment, but given the personnel decisions from this most recent management team the odds are heavily in my opinions favor, as of now.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well this is something someone wrote. 

Pointing out when he struggles is fine and he does have those moments, but how one would see nothing I just don't understand. As if pacing for 55 points as a 19 year old D, while leading the NHL in expected Goals Against the past odd month means nothing.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

this team is one big pile of garbage right now, jesus christ. - i do not see any light in the tunnel

I see a light....unfortunately it is from another train on the same track coming right at us.  The JBot mother-of-all trainwrecks is coming when he mismanages this team beyond repair in the weeks and months to come.

• Like (+1) 1

Well. we lost...again.  But I was entertained and thought the effort was good.  We just don't have the talent.  So I'm not pleased, but for what talent the Sabres have, I can't be too critical.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Johansson suuuuuucks.  He is nowhere near NHL ready

I'm not going that far.  After the penalty shot, he shut them down.  He showed some character.  And goalies mature in the role slower than other players.  I'm not anointing him as the next Hasek, but I thought he rebounded well after a difficult start.

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Whatever Dahlin is supposed to be or become, I don't see any of it right now. In fact he's terrible at times. He was set up with a kill shot and he whiffed.

My biggest beef with Rasmus D is that he misses the net on his scoring chances too much. Other than that, I can't agree with the bolded at all. He will be an All Star in the not to distant future.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

Before anyone gets carried away with the "great effort" stuff Ducks were at the end of a road trip, got up easy and early and coasted so we looked better than we are again. They didn't even bother to bring their heavy game, which is their game.  This was a big bag of nothing.

Best Sabre play of the day Risto's positioning and screen on the second goal. Done to perfection. Forwards need to learn from that.

Worst Sabre play of the day Sam Reinhart standing still in the middle of the ice doing absolutely nothing during Getzlaf's goal. lol, I'm sure his defenders will call it great positional play.

In fairness, he did make a nice pass to Eichel which could have been a goal, but he also got bumped off the puck easily with the goalie out resulting in them clearing it as per frequent. Doesn't matter, his supporters still won't see it. Pay him big money. Let him room with Skinner where they can laugh and laugh as they count their cash for doing nothing.

Krueger's constant mixing of D pairings is a disaster, but I guess that's JBot's fault for giving him too many D men and not enough forwards. So stupid.

Lastly, don't blame the goalie, he was average. The problem, as it always is, is we do not defend the middle of the ice or the front of the net and the D doesn't communicate well with each other (see sentence above) and runs around and gets caught out of position. Montour and Pilut are both terrible D men. No goalie will thrive in that. Season's over. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Worst Sabre play of the day Sam Reinhart standing still in the middle of the ice doing absolutely nothing during Getzlaf's goal. lol, I'm sure his defenders will call it great positional play.

I mean sure, Sam didn’t do anything, but it honestly probably was someone else’s area.  If Sam is over on that side, that leaves zero Sabres on the right side of the ice.  Plus the pass to Getzlaf went right through Ike’s legs and also Risto was standing there watching as well (closer to the play than Reino) as Getzlaf came down the wing, received the nice pass and buried it.  It was actually a really quick play and a really nice pass.

Eichel or Risto is the guy who should have been backchecking faster so the guy down low wasn’t totally free to make that pass.

3 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

An excellent pairing. And Lydman helped Tallinder reach his potential, too. Both top-4 and together they legitimately became a #1 pairing. If Montour can be the Lydman to someones's (Dahlin's) Tallinder, and they become a rocksteady top pairing,  then all's good on that acquisition.

But he's still unremarkable to me thus far.

Yup. I dont see Montour in the Lydman style.  Lydman was physically very strong, much more so than his height and weight would typically yield.  

Ldyman reminded a bit of Bill Hajt, another underrated guy that played 850’ish NHL games and did his job the right way. 

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Well. we lost...again.  But I was entertained and thought the effort was good.  We just don't have the talent.  So I'm not pleased, but for what talent the Sabres have, I can't be too critical.

I missed the 3rd period, took the family out for my sons birthday.  

What is sad is that we lost at home again, and to a team below us in the standings again.  

I don’t understand. why can’t they be jazzed to play at home, work hard, and have fun winning. ????

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

People ask me why I'm an Atheist, then I tell them I'm a Sabres and Bills fan, and they immediately nod their heads, say they're sorry and quietly walk away.

I follow the Sabres and the Bills, but they are not the primary focus in my life. Christ is.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.