Peters says it all with one gesture

PromoTheRobot

Great to hear the Laff's announcers getting all bent out of shape about it, too.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? Sure, not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it still hurts...

I thought Peters behaved like an ass today. What was up with waving to the crowd like the Queen Mum as he took a seat in the box? This is a great game. It doesn't tolerate fools very well. I thought the ref was right to give him a misconduct, and I would bet my life Lindy talks to him. Maybe Andrew should take his act to the NFL, which loves garbage like that.

I'm probably in the minority, but it seemed like a pretty classless thing to do. Bottom line, Peters last game as a Sabre is probably going to be against Carolina. The chances are very good that he will not dress for any playoff games nor will he be back next year. Therefore this is his legacy as a Sabre.

You know what. Normally I wouldn't be impressed with something like the golf swing, but after what Tucker did to our guy, I say so what.

Was it the best thing to do? No. But was it funny and did any other team deserve it more? Yes, funny. No other team deserves it more.

You know what. Normally I wouldn't be impressed with something like the golf swing, but after what Tucker did to our guy, I say so what.

Was it the best thing to do? No. But was it funny and did any other team deserve it more? Yes, funny. No other team deserves it more.

I'm probably in the minority, but it seemed like a pretty classless thing to do.

Yeah, you're right. Peters should've punched Tucker in the back of the brain and driven his face into the ice. That would've been far classier.

Yeah, you're right. Peters should've punched Tucker in the back of the brain and driven his face into the ice. That would've been far classier.

i just read through this thread and who said anything about Peters pulling a Bertuzzi?

I only caught what he did on the highlights and if he was able to direct it specifically at Tucker then so what? If he did it at their whole bench I personally have more of a problem with it b/c while I don't like the Leafs I don't disrespect their guys, except of course Tucker....

Saw it, loved it, and read every post above. Here's why I really like the golf swing: It sends the message without hurting anyone, without exposing anyone to suspension, and it was funny.

Think about it this way: Sabres are looking at the Leaves saying, "hey, we could've gooned it up, and maybe we should have. But we've got better things to look forward to."

Classless would be a blow to the head, a blow to the knees (we've seen that), whatever.

The Sabres delivered a blow to the ego. Good for them.

Saw it, loved it, and read every post above. Here's why I really like the golf swing: It sends the message without hurting anyone, without exposing anyone to suspension, and it was funny.

Think about it this way: Sabres are looking at the Leaves saying, "hey, we could've gooned it up, and maybe we should have. But we've got better things to look forward to."

Classless would be a blow to the head, a blow to the knees (we've seen that), whatever.

The Sabres delivered a blow to the ego. Good for them.

I completely agree.

Let's put this in perspective.

Classless thing Loafs player does to Sabres. Gets put on his butt by CLEAN check in his own zone. Grabs stick (illegally) of player that hit him, skates past this player, who is 220 lbs and IMO the best fighter on the Sabres, and RUNS player 20 lbs lighter that is coming off knee injury. Tries to throw elbow at head of smaller player, misses and goes knee on knee, knocking that player out of lineup for 2 weeks.

Classless thing Sabre does to Loafs. After getting in shoving match with Loaf, goes through 3 mock golf swings.

Yes, they were both classless. Which is the HARMLESS classless action and which could screw up the other's post season plans? Do we really need this thread to figure this out?

I say big deal. Even Harry Neale said he thought it was kind of funny and that a little humor every so often is good, he said we didn't always have to take the game so seriously.

Naturally, Glen Healey didn't like it, nor did the other announcer. But the other announcer rightly pointed out that somewhere down the road, someone will remember and throw it back in Peters face. Ok, no problem.

Today was the Sabres day, let them enjoy it. Really, the Leafs should chuckle to themselves and wait for their chance to get a laugh at Peters expense.

Like the other guy eluded to, at least it was harmless joke, and not Bertuzzi-style retribution. The refs did the right thing by showing him the locker room, and that ends it. We don't want the NHL turning it's players into circus clowns like some NFL players have become. By penalizing him for poor sportsmanship, I'm sure insults like that will be saved for special occasions like today. No big deal.

In the end it comes down to the fact that Peters chose a mock golf swing instead of a full on run at the back.

classless? Not really.

an "official" apologie. Blow me, they officially HAVE to do that.

I honestly didn't even recognize it as a golf swing, I was like wtf are you doing?

Why do people rag on Peters so much? He plays his role well for the Sabres, He is an enforcer (or goon if you prefer that term) He is not on the team as a 50 goal scorer, he is there to add toughness, and fight for the team. He is this teams Rob Ray, Tie Domi, Matthew Barnaby, etc. Of course he may not see much time in the playoffs, most enforcers don't.

I loved seeing him take a shot at the Leafs last night with the golf swings. The Leafs were cowering that entire game everytime the Sabres tied to go after Tucker. If you want to complain aboput players being classy, what about what Domi did to Mckee? Why didn't he go straight to Peters who was looking for a fight the entire game?

Come to think of it, Tucker pointed to his head after Hecht "retaliated" and got a penalty. So Darcy should have received the same misconduct that Peters did, right? So, in the final analysis, here's what Tucker got away with in the eyes of many: holding Grier's stick, charging Hecht, elbowing (or attempting to elbow) Hecht in the head, kneeing Hecht, diving and unsportsmanlike conduct! And he didn't get suspended! He came out clean as a whistle! You have to admit, if Hecht hadn't been injured, the whole situation would have been pretty damned funny.

I'm probably in the minority, but it seemed like a pretty classless thing to do. Bottom line, Peters last game as a Sabre is probably going to be against Carolina. The chances are very good that he will not dress for any playoff games nor will he be back next year. Therefore this is his legacy as a Sabre.

Labatt -- why do you think Peters will not be back? He's pretty good at what he does and I think Lindy's view on the NHL is that a team needs a guy like him.

Personally, I'd rather get rid of fighting entirely (and I'd like to see suspensions for any blow or attempted blow to the head), and then guys like Peters would disappear. But until that happens, I'm fine with having him on the team and dressing him for about 30 games, ie pretty much what happened this year. If not him, it's going to be another fighter, and why get rid of Peters? He's a good fighter, a good skater and a good team player.

And I don't agree with letting Gaustad or Grier or someone else handle the fighting -- there's no reason to risk one of the good players getting hurt or suspended or a game misconduct when Ottawa sends McGrattan out to start something.

Go Sabres.

I thought it was hilarious and if the game had to be played all over again i would be happy to see peters do it again... he's not that valuable to us... and it was soooo funny... plus no one got hurt... he got ejected probably for his own safety... but still i thought to do that in front of all those leaf fans and the leaf players was really awsome... keep it up Peters! :lol:

Labatt -- why do you think Peters will not be back? He's pretty good at what he does and I think Lindy's view on the NHL is that a team needs a guy like him.

If the guy could play at all, he wouldn't be dressed for only 28 games and when he did dress, play only 3 or 4 minutes a game. There has to be a player(Thorburn??) who can come up and fill the fighter role next year and at the same time bring more value to the roster spot currently being occupied by Peters.

Archived