Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mustache of God

GDT: Sabres at Flames, THURSDAY 12/05/19, 9:00 pm ET

Recommended Posts

One excellent player, 2 good ones and one that's going to be good.  The rest of the roster is replaceable below average or trash.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Vesey steals the puck at the point, can't beat the turned-around defenseman down the ice, and ends up holding the guy for a penalty.

50 years of Sabres hockey and this is what we've ended up with.

Edited by jad1
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Fundamentally, the Sabres are a horror show.  They had better zone coverage under Nolan, and that's not saying much.

Being gritty and constantly out of position doesn't fix their problems, albeit the games would be more entertaining (like under Nolan).

This is not true, they were routinely outshot 40+ to <20, which was because they were hopeless and listless in both zones

Edited by Randall Flagg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tthis team is soooooo ***** bad - this game looks exactly like the games in stockholm and this moron behind the bench takes time out and says:

OK GUYS, IM LOST. GOOD LUCK

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can honestly say that there are only probably four to five teams that will finish below the Sabres in the standings in the whole NHL.

Hopefully tage and cozens can be ready next year and we get lucky in the lottery.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I can honestly say that there are only probably four to five teams that will finish below the Sabres in the standings in the whole NHL.

Hopefully tage and cozens can be ready next year and we get lucky in the lottery.

That won't be enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been staying quiet all game, but I just gotta say

This team ***** sucks some major ass. Another year of garbage hockey and a worthless GM. Thanks Terry!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we don't have a lot of assets with high trade value, so maybe we could offer sheet Brayden Point

Offer sheet Sebastian Aho

Offer sheet Matt Tkachuk

Offer sheet Kyle Connor


Wait for Cozens to be a top line caliber NHLer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is not true, they were routinely outshot 40+ to >20, which was because they were hopeless and listless in both zones

Maybe I exaggerated Nolan's coaching acumen in comparison to Krueger's, as we watched Lucic carve up the Sabres defense....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Maybe I exaggerated Nolan's coaching acumen in comparison to Krueger's, as we watched Lucic carve up the Sabres defense....

"watching Lucic carve up the defense" was the best we could hope for most nights under Nolan's second tenure, and it was usually much worse than that. The team and its coaching were abominations that cannot touch this team we have today, for all its flaws

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good thing about being 58 years old is that insurance actuarial tables say I'll only have to endure this pain for another 26 years.  I feel sorry for you young guys.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say this, Casey is in some serious trouble, no grit, always losing the pick, bad decisions, etc. I know he's young, but there is nothing in his game that has me with optimism. 

The team flat out sucks tonight in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

"watching Lucic carve up the defense" was the best we could hope for most nights under Nolan's second tenure, and it was usually much worse than that. The team and its coaching were abominations that cannot touch this team we have today, for all its flaws

I get it.  Still think Botterill could have done better than the Krueger though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll say this, Casey is in some serious trouble, no grit, always losing the pick, bad decisions, etc. I know he's young, but there is nothing in his game that has me with optimism. 

The team flat out sucks tonight in general

Oh he’s well in the bust category. Another bad pick that set us back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our only hope was our young players becoming good players.  The drafting looks to be hideous.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ralph Krueger should have practices made of the basics.  Pound it into them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If our special teams were not inept, we'd be right in this one.  Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...