GDT - Sabres @ Leafs 3-2-19 @ 7pm

CallawaySabres

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Where you only see Pilut’s good plays, it appears you only see Risto’s bad ones.

Literally while you guys were complaining about him, he won a board battle, passed the puck up the boards and they got a shot on goal. He does it constantly. I know it’s not the pretty set play where everyone is doing loopy loops around our net to exit the zone, but it’s still a zone exit with possession.

Who's talking about Pilut. Take your whataboutism bs elsewhere. 

Great Risto did something good. The issue is the consistency with which he doesn't. 

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

With respect to the GM, where's the grit?  Teams truly enjoy playing softies.

The last time the Sabres were in the playoffs, they had a coach who preached 'playing out of character.'  Those teams were worth watching.

Now I'm not saying that old coach should come back, he played out his string here, but it does show how a coach can set the tone and expectation for a team's physical play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Some times the suffering is so bad...……………………………….it's unbearable.

This is one of those 9 year stretches...…………………………….and counting.

All I can say, after going through the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and now on to the 20 is this, this to shall pass. But these 8 years since Pegula Sports Entertainment have taken over have easily become the worst in franchise history. Just poor decision making at nearly every level. It is what it is I'm afraid.

It goes back to the Pegulas saving the franchise, getting the glory, but not bringing the true expertise and they personally lacked.  Really unfortunate.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Does anyone watch a hockey game anymore without insisting on firing someone? Asking for a friend. 

I'm sorry, we won't be needing your friend's services any longer.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Skinner, Dahlin, more scoring from the D.  Yes I know we had Kane for part of last season too.

Eichel and Reinhart playing better, the addition of Skinner.

There is an core of a good team here.  Would have liked to see this team play with O'Reilly until at least the trading deadline.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.