GDT - Sabres @ Leafs 3-2-19 @ 7pm

CallawaySabres

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't expect him to win every battle, but if the argument for his bad numbers is his play against top players, then he can't go getting smoked by nobodies. 

Yes. Him trying to catch a puck flung around the glass and bouncing off of him oddly while there are two men on him is him getting smoked. You guys are nuts.

2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

At this point Tage isn't even an AHL quality player.  The guy is a bust.

If Botterill chose him in that trade, as opposed to the other couple of prospects that the Blues had, I'm disappointed. If it was a no choice situation, I'm still disappointed Botterill made that trade. Not to drag the ROR saga in here, but come on Tage, you have to do better.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Yes. Him trying to catch a puck flung around the glass and bouncing off of him oddly while there are two men on him is him getting smoked. You guys are nuts.

Here's the problem. It isn't that specific play but he consistently makes the wrong decision or doesn't execute. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Seems Girgensons and Larson have lost what little grit they had. This team is softer than warm butter. At least Bogo still has at least one nut left. And we all thought Lindy castrated his teams? Seems Phil is doing the same.

Broken record. I've said it time and again, we can get better 4th liners. Although I do tend to give Larsson some due given his ability from time to time to agitate the opponent. But Girgs, yea, he's pretty much useless at this point and time.

Just now, SwampD said:

He’s only 21. I’m not giving up on him yet.

His numbers are identical to Luke Adam's when Adam washed out the league.

His continued presence in the lineup is a fireable offense for both the coach and GM.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Seems Girgensons and Larson have lost what little grit they had. This team is softer than warm butter. At least Bogo still has at least one nut left. And we all thought Lindy castrated his teams? Seems Phil is doing the same.

BOGO has 2 nuts.  That being said, his name is BOGO (Buy one, Get one).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Broken record. I've said it time and again, we can get better 4th liners. Although I do tend to give Larsson some due given his ability from time to time to agitate the opponent. But Girgs, yea, he's pretty much useless at this point and time.

Yup, the Latvian Locomotive has turned into the Latvian Labia

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Here's the problem. It isn't that specific play but he consistently makes the wrong decision or doesn't execute. 

Where you only see Pilut’s good plays, it appears you only see Risto’s bad ones.

Literally while you guys were complaining about him, he won a board battle, passed the puck up the boards and they got a shot on goal. He does it constantly. I know it’s not the pretty set play where everyone is doing loopy loops around our net to exit the zone, but it’s still a zone exit with possession.

Edited by SwampD

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Or worse.

Some times the suffering is so bad...……………………………….it's unbearable.

This is one of those 9 year stretches...…………………………….and counting.

All I can say, after going through the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and now on to the 20 is this, this to shall pass. But these 8 years since Pegula Sports Entertainment have taken over have easily become the worst in franchise history. Just poor decision making at nearly every level. It is what it is I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Where you only see Pilut’s good plays, it appears you only see Risto’s bad ones.

Literally while you guys were complaining about him, he won a board battle, passed the puck up the boards and they got a shot on goal. He does it constantly. I know it’s not the pretty set play where everyone is doing loopy loops around our net to exit the zone, but it’s still a zone exit with possession.

Thank you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.