Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

To be clear, I'm not claiming that the Leafs rebuilt quickly - although they rebuilt more effectively than the Sabres have IMO, and did so during the time that the Pegulas' teams have tanked/bottomed out TWICE.  There are many other teams however, in both sports, that have rebuilt quickly during the Pegulas' tenure.  I could start listing them but I have to go back to work - will try to come back to this later.

Before you go to far, I don't care about Football rebuilds. As for hockey, I would be curious to see the list. Also you are the one who listed the leafs in your first post after commenting on quick rebuilds. 

 

21 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

 Both the Bills and Sabres seem headed toward 3-10 year "rebuilds" ("We're finally doing things the right way, for the long term!") while other franchises completely flame out and rebuild themselves over and over again in the interim, i.e. the Leafs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The Leafs have been terrible for 50+ years.

They look good for a regular season team.

Unless they address some pretty glaring problems they will not win in the playoffs.

I have a feeling the window they have set for themselves with  yesterday's signing will not be big enough.

And on top of all that they are The Great Satan!!

Not quite true, sadly.  They were good mid-late '90's.  Fortunately they weren't great then.

But since THE lockout, they'd consistently be good for about 50 games & then flame out.  That 1 trip to the playoffs prior to getting Matthews was only made possible by being lockout shortened.  They'd've sunk out by game 82 had they gotten to play all 82.

The Loafs, again sadly, have been managed well since their last major front office shakeup.  Let's hope not too well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not quite true, sadly.  They were good mid-late '90's.  Fortunately they weren't great then.

But since THE lockout, they'd consistently be good for about 50 games & then flame out.  That 1 trip to the playoffs prior to getting Matthews was only made possible by being lockout shortened.  They'd've sunk out by game 82 had they gotten to play all 82.

The Loafs, again sadly, have been managed well since their last major front office shakeup.  Let's hope not too well.

 

True enough, eh?

Especially my last point.

😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

True enough, eh?

Especially my last point.

😋

Close enough.  Had meant to bold your 1st point as that was what I was primarily referring to.  Oooops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F them, and please, someone, anyone, KILL THIS THREAD.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eleven said:

F them, and please, someone, anyone, KILL THIS THREAD.

I bet we can lure the leafs out with some maple syrup and a stern apology? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Just playing devil's advocate:  it's quite possible that Benson (and the other Sabres brass who voiced similar sentiments) were affecting an aggrieved air to deflect possible accountability for not getting Babcock to sign on the dotted line.

For the record,

It was an early morning press conference, only people in 716 were employees, vendors, people meeting them and a few early arrivers.

I still wouldn’t put it past them but it wasn’t the public display portrayed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Close enough.  Had meant to bold your 1st point as that was what I was primarily referring to.  Oooops.

No big deal, good sir.

It's obvious that we agree on the main pint, which is that Toronto is The Great Satan.

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I bet we can lure the leafs out with some maple syrup and a stern apology? 

You have always made a lot more sense than you have with your last few posts.  This one is better than yesterday's, but still ...

It was asked, but is everything OK?  If it's as simple as withdrawal from all the Turkish and Greek coffee you have enjoyed recently ... I can help you out.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Leafs have sucked since 1967.  Let me know when they reach the Cup Finals since it will their first since 67.  It’s been a 50 year rebuild and counting.  

Also let me know when they win the Division. It will be their 2nd since 1967.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

No big deal, good sir.

It's obvious that we agree on the main pint, which is that Toronto is The Great Satan.

You have always made a lot more sense than you have with your last few posts.  This one is better than yesterday's, but still ...

It was asked, but is everything OK?  If it's as simple as withdrawal from all the Turkish and Greek coffee you have enjoyed recently ... I can help you out.

I belive I'm having a sabres stroke, as in, every time I watch out beloved team, I throw an infarct to parts of my brain that control speech, etc. 

As for the Turkish coffee withdrawal, that's a very possible scenario, I'm just gonna drive up to NS and crash on your couch and drink all that finely ground goodness 🙂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Leafs have sucked since 1967.  Let me know when they reach the Cup Finals since it will their first since 67.  It’s been a 50 year rebuild and counting.  

Also let me know when they win the Division. It will be their 2nd since 1967.  

I hate defending the Leafs, but to be fair, isnt that a pretty hypocritical post to make coming from a Sabres fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Toronto is The Great Satan.

No city that elects Rob Ford as mayor can be all bad.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I hate defending the Leafs, but to be fair, isnt that a pretty hypocritical post to make coming from a Sabres fan?

Not really.  We have played for two Cups won 6 division titles and a President’s Trophy all without the unlimited resources of the Leafs  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I hate defending the Leafs, but to be fair, isnt that a pretty hypocritical post to make coming from a Sabres fan?

Yes and no.  Although we have yet to win a Cup, until suffering became a gameplan the Sabres had one of the highest historic winning percentages in the league.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weave said:

Yes and no.  Although we have yet to win a Cup, until suffering became a gameplan the Sabres had one of the highest historic winning percentages in the league.

Even after the last eight years, the Sabres still have the eighth-highest points percentage among exisiting NHL franchises (.536.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NHL_standings

We were once a proud and righteous franchise that almost always did right by the fans.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drunkard said:

No city that elects Rob Ford as mayor can be all bad.

At the risk of getting both into trouble here ...

I hate to quote idiots (no, not you), but ...

WRONG!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

At the risk of getting both into trouble here ...

I hate to quote idiots (no, not you), but ...

WRONG!!

No, you sir, are wrong. Rob Ford was the best mayor ever, or at least the funniest. I say this with absolute certainty, even though I've never been to Canada.

Also, I find the fact that you use the term Great Satan in derogatory fashion to be insulting. The dark one should be treated with as much respect as any other deity.

Sincerely,

Drunkard, Devout Atheist/Satanist/Flying Spaghetti Monster fan

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...