GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers. 14 January 2019 @ 9:00 PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, Onceagain said:

Makes me yearn for the days of the dominator. Was like we had a cheat code. Routinely outshot, routinely winning. Those were the days. 

Makes me yearn for Ray, Barnaby, May and Boughner. That was fun hockey. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

What?  Totally disagree.  They should be playing hard every game and LEADING the team.  

that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that a fourth-year player should not be carrying a team the whole way through a season without any veteran help. 4th year players still need 30 year old players to contribute.

7 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

They have given us more than should be expected.  That's the fans fault, not theirs.

If it's the fans fault, why did the Sabres fire Ruff, Rolston, and Bylsma.  If I were those guys, I'd be pissed at the fans for not seeing it wasn't their fault.  These are professionals being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.  This is their livelihood.  Produce or be fired just like in any other profession.  It's not like they don't have a farm team for development.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 7+6=13 said:

that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that a fourth-year player should not be carrying a team the whole way through a season without any veteran help. 4th year players still need 30 year old players to contribute.

It all depends on who the veterans are. This team is pissing their way out of a playoff spot. Just seeing the obvious but if Skinner isn’t here and having this type of year they would probably be battling for another top 5 pick. This team seems like they are on life support.

13 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

That's my point. There is way too much needed from fourth-year players.  When they stop producing everything stops and that's not sustainable.

Jack,, Sam and Risto are veterans now and need to be leaders. Age is no excuse.

When they stop producing everything stops is an indictment of the rest of the roster.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.