GDT - Devils @ Sabres, 7:00pm MSG, 1/8/2019

North Buffalo

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Pommers/Vlad to the fourth. Odd man scratched.

KO to the third.

Or scratch all three and give some Amerks a shot. It worked for CJ and Pilut. Lightening might strike again.

You’d have to waive forwards other than C.J. for this to happen. 

You gonna send Okposo and Pommers to Roch?

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You’d have to waive forwards other than C.J. for this to happen. 

You gonna send Okposo and Pommers to Roch?

Scratched, not sent down

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wouldn't mind giving Thompson a crack at it.  He has played center in the past.

I’m not falling for anymore jokes. Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice and you can call me Ocasio-Cortez.

But if your serious I apologize and welcome your thoughts on it as I am unfamiliar.

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Scratched, not sent down

To scratch em all you'd have to send two more players down owing to roster limits. Even if you send one of Beaulieu of Hunwick down (gotta keep one extra D), there's another forward who'll have to be removed from the roster. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

To scratch em all you'd have to send two more players down owing to roster limits. Even if you send one of Beaulieu of Hunwick down (gotta keep one extra D), there's another forward who'll have to be removed from the roster. 

Well that throws a wrench in there. I know what I would like for most of the forwards but not sure how to round it out. I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t get tat GM job. Here I thought they were discriminating against good looks.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Pilut looked really good tonight.

The Legend of Skinner Grows...……….for how much and how long?

Reinharts CF 77% topped all players.

Botterill's interview revealed nothing we didn't already know. 

Beer night ?

I would add Tage to your list.  He was really impactful tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m not falling for anymore jokes. Fool me once shame on me.

I'm not Thorny.  From Wiki,

Tage Nathaniel Thompson (born October 30, 1997) is an American professional ice hockey center for the Buffalo Sabres

Yes, he's played center.  And there are times when he still looks like one.  I'm not saying he's the answer to 2C or anything, but he might be worth a look.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Holy *****!

9 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Scratched, not sent down

I’m not falling for anymore jokes. Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice and you can call me Ocasio-Cortez.

But if your serious I apologize and welcome your thoughts on it as I am unfamiliar.

Fool me once, shame on......shame on.....you...

...well the point is - YA CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

23 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Pilut looked really good tonight.

The Legend of Skinner Grows...……….for how much and how long?

Botterill's interview revealed nothing we didn't already know. 

Beer night ?

For the most part.  If he and Dahlin are on the ice together though for any more that 2 minutes the rest of this year that will have been that plus 3 minutes too many.

Those 2 are REALLY scary when out together.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Don't.

Don't be such a stick in the mud.  They've been hot, they can get hot again.  They will probably improve as a team going forward just due to better knowledge of the system, better chemistry with each other, and individual improvement among the youth movement.  They may falter, but they're not going away.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

For the most part.  If he and Dahlin are on the ice together though for any more that 2 minutes the rest of this year that will have been that plus 3 minutes too many.

Those 2 are REALLY scary when out together.

I won't argue, but they are possibly our top pairing of the future.  I don't mind putting them out together when we have a 4 goal cushion.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Don't be such a stick in the mud.  They've been hot, they can get hot again.  They will probably improve as a team going forward just due to better knowledge of the system, better chemistry with each other, and individual improvement among the youth movement.  They may falter, but they're not going away.

I won't argue, but they are possibly our top pairing of the future.  I don't mind putting them out together when we have a 4 goal cushion.

They could be.  Dahlin WILL be 1/2 of that pairing.  I'd guess that he ends up paired up with McCabe when he is on that pairing because he's earned it.  But Pilut could be that partner.  Waaaay too soon to tell.  They both will grow from where they are - Rasmus significantly.

But in 2 minutes together the past 2 games they've given up a goal, a breakaway, and had Ray convinced that Drew "the Staph Infection" Stafford had roofed one.  That pairing is nearly as scary as Meszaros-Benoit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.