GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I feel like they're playing with house money at this point.  I don't want them to lose, but sooner or later they will and I'll still be able to say they're 9-1 in their last 10.  As long as they don't slip into a losing streak, it's all good.

This is where I am at as well. We know they aren't going to go undefeated for the rest of the year, but with the points we have banked so far, we just need to be above DeLuca .500 going forward and we should be in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Last time we played Tampa I remember we got absolutely dominated by Tampa but Hutton stole the game for us. I don't want another game like that. Let's push them around a bit.

Whose the hero going to be tonight? Pommers / Okie / Mitts / Dahlin are all due for a score. As is Sheary, is he playing tonight?

Jake McCabe the hero! 

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I am needlessly stressed out about this game.

Save the stress for the real playoffs! ?

I want to milk this streak for as long as there's still a drop in the teet. Banking these points now sets us up for success later and I'm not sure about ya'll, but I'd rather be playing a wild card team than Tampa or Toronto in round 1. Ugh...my playoff bracket this year is going to be a disaster since I'll be sending the Sabres all the way...or will it be a disaster?

Win today and keep it rolling!

On a side note, 4 years ago I started playing ice-hockey because the state of the Sabres had made me "lose my love for the game", which was regained 10-fold once i started lacing them up. Today marks the first time since I've started playing that I've actually considered skipping playing hockey to watch hockey. I've decided to play because I feel like skipping to watch is a jinx-recipe for disaster, and I'll give that no quarter.

Go Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I want to milk this streak for as long as there's still a drop in the teet. Banking these points now sets us up for success later and I'm not sure about ya'll, but I'd rather be playing a wild card team than Tampa or Toronto in round 1. Ugh...my playoff bracket this year is going to be a disaster since I'll be sending the Sabres all the way...or will it be a disaster?

Win today and keep it rolling!

On a side note, 4 years ago I started playing ice-hockey because the state of the Sabres had made me "lose my love for the game", which was regained 10-fold once i started lacing them up. Today marks the first time since I've started playing that I've actually considered skipping playing hockey to watch hockey. I've decided to play because I feel like skipping to watch is a jinx-recipe for disaster, and I'll give that no quarter.

Go Sabres.

Wise decision, we speak your name

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pommers got the OT winner in Tampa last season. He gets 2 tonight. 

Now, that's more like it.

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would be stressed in your situation too.

No one left the KBC on Tuesday chanting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 we want Brawndo! 

This is fantastic.

I could not help but notice that along with being pinned this thread also has a little star that indicates that it is 'featured'.

Any of the powers that be care to let me know what that means?

Is it chz in a behind the scenes way of giving me another hint that the thread title needs to be a bit more descriptive?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.