GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 1

Image result for youngblood movie

Well my routine of watching NHL channel after work to unwind went into watching movie Youngblood from 1986. Hockey sure has changed from just 30 plus years ago although some people still think fighting should have its place. Any of you who have never seen it should check it out on netflix, there is even a gratuitous mention of Buffalo.

Any who, everybody likes the classic theme of newbie upstarts (Sabres/Dahlin) taking on the bad boy perennial conference champs(Lighting). 

Time to ground the Lightning.  

Let's go Buff-a-lo!  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Image result for youngblood movie

Well my routine of watching NHL channel after work to unwind went into watching movie Youngblood from 1986. Hockey sure has changed from just 30 plus years ago although some people still think fighting should have its place. Any of you who have never seen it should check it out on netflix, there is even a gratuitous mention of Buffalo.

Any who, everybody likes the classic theme of newbie upstarts (Sabres/Dahlin) taking on the bad boy perennial conference champs(Lighting). 

Time to ground the Lightning.  

Let's go Buff-a-lo!  

i see what you did there

40 minutes ago, josie said:

original.thumb.gif.364e09bfdc19bf03722aabce76af5354.gif

Also..... savage.

16 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

wut.

• Like (+1) 1

Last time we played Tampa I remember we got absolutely dominated by Tampa but Hutton stole the game for us. I don't want another game like that. Let's push them around a bit.

Whose the hero going to be tonight? Pommers / Okie / Mitts / Dahlin are all due for a score. As is Sheary, is he playing tonight?

33 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

History is yours for the taking, boys. 

Hot take: Brayden Point is Tampa's best player this year. One point behind Kucherov, and shut-down-centering versus playing wing. 

Let's do this! Games in Tampa have been wild the last couple of years. 

Yep whats even crazier is that is considered their 2nd line and its stats I believe are better than the Stamkos 1st line. 

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He played wing last year?

No he was also an excellent shutdown C last year, I'm just saying that boosts his value to the team slightly above Kucherov. Kucherov isn't outscoring him enough to be considered better right now IMO.

Full disclosure, I've seen a lot of Tampa highlights this year but only two full games so I'm really just trying to be different here.

6 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Yep whats even crazier is that is considered their 2nd line and its stats I believe are better than the Stamkos 1st line. 

Yeah Stamkos, relatively speaking, has forgotten how to score goals? But he's turned into quite the playmaker. He's still real good but he's not on the same tier as 86/21. And 21 isn't just playing lights out because he gets to play with 86, though it helps. He had over 30 goals and almost 70 points getting tougher minutes than any Atlantic center not named Bergeron or O'Reilly or Barkov(I think) last season, in just his first full season at 21 years old. 

Re: lineup. We're playing a squash, a dead Soviet president, a receptacle for human remains, French bread and probably some divorced guys. What are we worried about?

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Why not them? Why not us?

Plenty more room on the bandwagon.

Let’s go, Buffalo!

Oh, if Rick launches into the believers bandwagon business at any point, imma disown him. I'm not over that rubbish from 2006. When he's making his calls, he's talking to fans, not prognosticators.

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

At no point in Buffalo Sabres History has a regular season game been so critical as this one tonight!

This game is beyond critical. This game sets the tone for the future of the culture in the locker room, in the stands, in the patronage places around the city and the nation filled with ex patriots of the region. This game isn't merely a game to break a franchise record...………………………….

This game is the defining moment of what and who the Buffalo Sabres are, both on the ice, and eyes on televisions all across the nation.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!

To quote SNL's Senator Grassley, "Well, I'm hard."

1 hour ago, josie said:

original.thumb.gif.364e09bfdc19bf03722aabce76af5354.gif

I wanted to think of this!

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Sounds like Sheary is a NO-GO.

This is a bigger deal than is being appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.