GDT Ottawa Senators vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/1/18

Andrew Amerk

Just now, Trettioåtta said:

I personally don't understand the Risto hate. He isn't a number 1 D but is forced to play as one. I think it is telling that like 8 different coaches have used him so heavily - clearly professional coaches like him

Know who else got played heavy minutes by a bunch of different coaches? Dion Phaneuf. Risto isn't a chickenshit, but he's in the same tier of player. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trettioåtta said:

I personally don't understand the Risto hate. He isn't a number 1 D but is forced to play as one. I think it is telling that like 8 different coaches have used him so heavily - clearly professional coaches like him

It's not hate, he's expendable. Get what you can for him. We're trying to build a cup contender here, not a stable of "if only's".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

And seven of those are no longer employed as the Sabres HC ? 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Toronto Marlies HC his contract is up after this season. Friedman reported he is looking to jump NHL. He has been with Dubas since The Soo 

Is he a hard as%? Because honestly that's what we need. Go and get Torts ffs

2 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Hutton needs to be out. 31 years old, never been a starter.............. 

He had one great year. So did Ryan Miller. 

Bananas

1 minute ago, Trettioåtta said:

My opinion for what it's worth is that he's not a very good positional defenseman, he's often out of position and that is why he's on the ice for so many goals against.  I want to like him but he just isn't that good.  He concedes the zone way too easy too.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

It's not hate, he's expendable. Get what you can for him. We're trying to build a cup contender here, not a stable of "if only's".

True although I feel this is going to go the way it always does and 'addition by subtraction' will start to be thrown around. We have traded away a lot of players for dust. I'd rather have Risto than another pick that could possibly become another Risto in 5 years

Just now, Thorny said:

Dear god please no.

We really really really need an Alpha Male type...it's the one thing we have not had behind the bench in a while.  Heck Id take Lindy back.  These efforts 3 nights in a row is inexcusable.  There is no excuse for two games now players saying "we were not ready"...that is astonishing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beer said:

Is cbj about to fire torts?  

I hope so. Like I said, his schtick gets old, but guys like Hartnell attribute him to turning franchises with losing mentalities around, because he's a no bs guy. Think he'd stand for his $10M captain taking shifts off? 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Say what you want about Torts, but he's known for turning teams around. His schtick gets old, but he's good at what he does

We need a long term solution.

What's the plan, hire YET ANOTHER new coach for a young core that's had a hundred, who we know has an act that gets old fast, only leading to yet another new coach?

Just now, Thorny said:

We need a long term solution.

What's the plan, hire YET ANOTHER new coach for a young core that's had a hundred, who we know has an act that gets old fast, only leading to yet another new coach?

If Torts can be here for 5 years, lead us to the playoffs, and whip the core into shape, then sign me the fck up

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.