GDT Ottawa Senators vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/1/18

Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

What, you think Jack showed up there?

I don't even know what this means, really. By "showed up" do you guys mean "score'? Cause then, ya, he didn't show up, nor did the other 17 skaters. 

But he showed up twice today on the scoresheet already, other players besides Jack, Skinner and Pommers can contribute, too. 

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

They sure as hell better run Ottawa out of Buffalo on Saturday! They were piss poor in the 1st and 2nd and in the 3rd suddenly decided to impose their will on Ottawa and dominated. Do that for a full 3 periods next time!

No excuses Saturday I want a blow out too 

Just now, Thorny said:

I don't even know what this means, really. By "showed up" do you guys mean "score'? Cause then, ya, he didn't show up, nor did the other 17 skaters. 

But he showed up twice today on the scoresheet already, other players besides Jack, Skinner and Pommers can contribute, too. 

He was bad at the end

Just now, WildCard said:

1 primary, 1 secondary. And he's young, and the captain. McDavid is skating some 27m/night, I'm done with excuses for Jack

So what. He actually had the primary pass on that secondary assist, anyways.

McDavid gets like 2 secondary assists a game.

Just now, WildCard said:

He was bad at the end

Didn't really think that, and in any event, he had been good the rest of the game. Again, other players can score too. 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He made a pass to the point on the pp. Woohoo!

At least McDavid tries the entire game

It's funny that people think this. 

I watch McDavid play all the time and he takes his share of shifts off, like any player. Or is rendered so ineffective it looks as such. Either way. 

If you don't think Jack was trying at the end, I don't know what to tell you. If anything he was getting gassed. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's funny that people think this. 

I watch McDavid play all the time and he takes his share of shifts off, like any player. Or is rendered so ineffective it looks as such. Either way. 

If you don't think Jack was trying at the end, I don't know what to tell you. If anything he was getting gassed. 

We've been hearing the same excuses for 3 years now...

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Didn't really think that, and in any event, he had been good the rest of the game. Again, other players can score too. 

True, they can.

Well, maybe they can't

Just now, Thorny said:

No excuses needed, that's my point.

Saying he had 2 assists and looked dangerous all night isn't an excuse, it's a reason.

He consistently made bone headed passes and did the same ol' not moving his feet and reaching with his stick

He's always going to be a guy that piles up numbers. I want him to be more than that. I want him to be an actual Captain

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We've been hearing the same excuses for 3 years now...

Eichel is on pace for 88 points. That would have put him 11th in the league last season behind noted slackers Stamkos, Marchand, Tavares, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Panarin....

You've got the shiv out for the wrong guy.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He consistently made bone headed passes and did the same ol' not moving his feet and reaching with his stick

He's always going to be a guy that piles up numbers. I want him to be more than that. I want him to be an actual Captain

Your use of empty cliche is approaching McDermott-level.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Eichel is on pace for 88 points. That would have put him 11th in the league last season behind noted slackers Stamkos, Marchand, Tavares, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Panarin....

You've got the shiv out for the wrong guy.

Your use of empty cliche is approaching McDermott-level.

Two Captains

I know you don't believe in momentum or any of that, but former athletes aren't just using them as shields for bad play excuses. You follow the play and attitude of your leader

Edited by WildCard

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm honestly more interested in numbers piling up than I am some vague Captain premise getting close to sounding like the dreaded "intangibles".

Unless the stats of other players are slumping because they are disheartened by the effort they are seeing from their captain, I'm shiving my blame over to someone else. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I'm honestly more interested in numbers piling up than I am some vague Captain premise getting close to sounding like the dreaded "intangibles".

Unless the stats of other players are slumping because they are disheartened by the effort they are seeing from their captain, I'm shiving my blame over to someone else. 

People play sports, not robots

What's really sad is that they have it in them, that 3rd was dominant (sure maybe some Alamo by Ottawa) but if they play 45 minutes like that, they win, plain and simple. The talent is mainly there on this team, it needs some maturing, but it's there. I need to see them show up every night for most of the game. W's and L's are decided by effort

• Like (+1) 2

Anything that starts breaching the territory of "clutch" gets tiresome. That the goals Eichel helped produce today just didn't come at the "right" time. 

If Pete Carroll gives the ball to Lynch at the goal line, and Tom Brady's Super Bowl performance in that game is altered not a single iota, he's probably not recognized as the near-indisputable GOAT of QBs right now as he only ties Montana for titles. So much is based on circumstance.

Likewise, if Kyle Okposo wires that shot home and scores again in OT, Jack is lauded for a gritty effort that produced two points and captained the team to a comeback victory. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.