GDT: Sabres at San Jose 10/18/18 10:30 PM MSG, WGR

thewookie1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

There are too many legitimately bad players entrenched in too-important roles as a carryover from doing so for a last place team. You can win with some bad players, but you can't play them like they're all stars.

Nope. It's Leadership. Ask Rob Ray. 

• Like (+1) 1

0-10 last two games on PP and have given up 4 short handed.  Something has to change here immediately.  Pair Skinner with someone else too.  Maybe E-Rod.  He is not getting  the puck in space.  Kings are playing like Shite, so they better start fast Saturday.  Hate that Kane got the better of us tonight.  He won his individual battles and then the war.

• Like (+1) 1

Scandella looked exhausted... Sabres forwards need to be told they are down 4-1 at the beginning of the game.  Mitts looking better.  He needs to be told to throw his body around more.  Oof... tough third period to watch.  Sabre passing under duress is awful. They couldn't block a pass or get the puck out to save their lives. TT needs to be sent down... useless... bring up Nylander and teach the young forwards how to hit including Jack... holy crap if I see one more OLAY by them... pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Nope. It's Leadership. Ask Rob Ray. 

I wasn’t able to watch the game but in all seriousness this is a tough road trip. Like I said last game I’m okay with losing as long as the effort is there. Not a fan of Phil Housley as coach. This team needs a coach that is tough and expects his players to work and work hard. Phil is not the right guy for this team. 

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Scandella looked exhausted... Sabres forwards need to be told they are down 4-1 at the beginning of the game.  Mitts looking better.  He needs to be told to throw his body around more.  Oof... tough third period to watch.  Sabre passing under duress is awful. They couldn't block a pass or get the puck out to save their lives. TT needs to be sent down... useless... bring up Nylander and teach the young forwards how to hit including Jack... holy crap if I see one more OLAY by them... pathetic.

Agree. But I would bring up Olofsson.  We need a goal scoring spark.

Just now, Thorny said:

"There's snot bubbles. Great job by Zach Bogosian" - Ray. 

What an embarrassment. 

And of course Bogosian was all too ready to drop the gloves for no apparent reason. 

Leadership. 

I guess you're young and you like the new hockey but that was the only decent moment of the game for me. Bogo earns his A. Frustrated team, take it out on the opposition, that's old school and I love it. Emotion. It mattered to him. Not nearly enough of that on this team. 

Everybody still want to throw 6-8 million a year at Reinhart? 

Skinner clearly does not want to be here. I feel sorry for Hutton, he will be burned out by mid season.

We suck. 

Again. 

Who can I hit?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game but in all seriousness this is a tough road trip. Like I said last game I’m okay with losing as long as the effort is there. Not a fan of Phil Housley as coach. This team needs a coach that is tough and expects his players to work and work hard. Phil is not the right guy for this team. 

they looked wimpy. whether that is effort based i wouldnt know

A few observations.

I'm embarrassed for Kyle Okposo. From the first period high stick to the pick play in the third on his own player to spring San Jose for the empty net hat trick goal he was downright bad. He generates more scoring chances for the other team and he's snakebit.

Tage needs to go down for some seasoning. He's adding virtually nothing at this point.

Bogo for all his injury troubles puts his body on the line for this team. 8 blocked shots.

Baloo hasn't been the train wreck we expected and saw most of last year. He's cleaned up the bonehead give aways.

It seems the opposition gets away with mugging the Skinners and Shearys with impunity just because they're little. 

Sabres played well in the 2nd, a bounce never goes our way and that seems to really discourage the team as the game wears on. Skinner and Mitts hit posts on grand plays and Mitts made an all star pass to Okposo and he failed to score on it...... Jack wore out by the end, he was flying most of the game but seemed to peter out as his minutes per shift  increased. Risto needs Scandella to play a lot better, Risto is supposed to be the offensive guy not the defensive stalwart. Dahlin had his ups and downs.

Housely needs to fix the PP, it is not only killing us in the not scoring department but also seems to be wearing on the players' minds 

Edited by thewookie1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I guess you're young and you like the new hockey but that was the only decent moment of the game for me. Bogo earns his A. Frustrated team, take it out on the opposition, that's old school and I love it. Emotion. It mattered to him. Not nearly enough of that on this team. 

Everybody still want to throw 6-8 million a year at Reinhart? 

Skinner clearly does not want to be here. I feel sorry for Hutton, he will be burned out by mid season.

We suck. 

Again. 

Who can I hit?

lets hope middlestadt isnt another float arouind guy like reinhar

t

9 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

0-10 last two games on PP and have given up 4 short handed.  Something has to change here immediately.  Pair Skinner with someone else too.  Maybe E-Rod.  He is not getting  the puck in space.  Kings are playing like Shite, so they better start fast Saturday.  Hate that Kane got the better of us tonight.  He won his individual battles and then the war.

Hate to say it because I can’t stand Los Angeles but they will beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.