GDT: Sabres at San Jose 10/18/18 10:30 PM MSG, WGR

thewookie1

we need guys like Peca----a vicious little guy. this team ist talented enough to be finesse

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Disco Dan had a great PP at least.  Housely is simply unable to build this team in any way thus far. 

another ex Buffalo coach who is looking great in hindsight

2 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s too soft. Then need a tough coach to get the most out of these guys and let’s face it, it’s not Housley.

Housley was never tough or the first guy in a scrum.  It's not in his nature and and would be disingenuous if he preached it.  Say what you will, but I agree with ScottySabres.  I think Ruff would put more spine in this club.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Housley was never tough or the first guy in a scrum.  It's not in his nature and and would be disingenuous if he preached it.  Say what you will, but I agree with ScottySabres.  I think Ruff would put more spine in this club.

he would tighten things up.

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Disco Dan had a great PP at least.  Housely is simply unable to build this team in any way thus far. 

Disco took a less talented team to 78 points... a 20 point improvement.

Housley has done zilch.   Offense, defense, and special teams are much much worse since he took over.

Oh, but Disco's style of play wasn't fun to watch... Well.... are we having fun now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Disco took a less talented team to 78 points... a 20 point improvement.

Housley has done zilch.   Offense, defense, and special teams are much much worse since he took over.

Oh, but Disco's style of play wasn't fun to watch... Well.... are we having fun now?

no

9 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game but in all seriousness this is a tough road trip. Like I said last game I’m okay with losing as long as the effort is there. Not a fan of Phil Housley as coach. This team needs a coach that is tough and expects his players to work and work hard. Phil is not the right guy for this team. 

5 Head Coaches in 6.1 years is so bad but I agree something has to change............................again.

The team skated tonight like they had ankle weights strapped on and their sticks were made out of rubber.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s too soft. Then need a tough coach to get the most out of these guys and let’s face it, it’s not Housley.

I thought Housley would've been a better fit in Rochester at the time of his hiring.  He has no pro head coaching experience.... None.   That's not the tyow of guy for a young inexperienced team.

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Well to be honest at no time in that game did I get the feeling that the Sabres could or would win that game. Even in the  2nd when they generated some chances. 

I agree. We were certainly given the opportunities, and if we had a decent PP we could have shifted the whole thing even with this effort 5 on 5 but no way, not even close. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.