GDT: Sabres at San Jose 10/18/18 10:30 PM MSG, WGR

thewookie1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yea hh, this one sucked, knocked me for a loop, was in a harness, at 40' elevation, right above the turbines at Covanta in NF. Dam blow down tank on the opposite side of a thin skinned wall blew, just a blow down valve failure, it happens. But the blast blew me off the beam, slammed me in to another and left me dangling for 10 minutes or so.

I can honestly say it was the first time in my life I think I lost conciseness. I don't remember anything, my spotter says it was a minute or so...……..Just glad to be alive man, just glad to be alive...….

Don't get discouraged, I didn't know where I was half the time for a year after being catapulted two stories then head first into the concrete. Not a soft landing, I don't recommend it. A TBI Doc told my wife and me, that brain injuries don't just happen to the individual, they happen to the whole family. We had no idea what was going on for the first year but eventually, someone recognized that we were in trouble and recommend a 30 year TBI psychologist that worked with families, and if it wasn't for her I'm afraid to think where we would be today. Stay encouraged, some days just don't make sense but hang in there they get better.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hockeyhound said:

Don't get discouraged, I didn't know where I was half the time for a year after being catapulted two stories then head first into the concrete. Not a soft landing, I don't recommend it. A TBI Doc told my wife and me, that brain injuries don't just happen to the individual, they happen to the whole family. We had no idea what was going on for the first year but eventually, someone recognized that we were in trouble and recommend a 30 year TBI psychologist that worked with families, and if it wasn't for her I'm afraid to think where we would be today. Stay encouraged, some days just don't make sense but hang in there they get better.

Damn. 

It feels like we're all in the same room, chilling out and having a drink. Good vibe in this thread tonight even with the harrowing stories 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.