GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

Since everyone has the complaining covered…

I thought they looked faster tonight than last year and I thought their breakout and transition game was improved. 

It all came crashing to a halt when shift after shift  Eichel or Reinhart would try to dangle through a 1v2 or someone else would make a blind drop pass to no one or to the Bruins. The offensive chemistry in the Bruins zone was ?. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is something seriously wrong with this organization.... there is entrenched losing and a weak mindset that is mystifying at this point

Welcome to the board!! Please feel free to adopt a slightly less bot-ish screen name.

Ha. J/k.

Sabres suck ... [Robin Leach voice]: AND I DON’T KNOW WHY.

But hey, mother scratchers: 23 page thread.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Welcome to the board!! Please feel free to adopt a slightly leas bot-ish screen name.

Ha. J/k.

Sabres suck ... [Robin Leach voice]: AND I DON’T KNOW WHY.

its been a long decade...it's hard to comprehend in hockey a team being this bad for so long....someone has to exercise the dark cloud away lol

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

There is something seriously wrong with this organization.... there is entrenched losing and a weak mindset that is mystifying at this point

Well said.  This is what I have been trying to discuss going back to last year.

It's not that we lost; it's how we looked, what we did and did not do, and how long this has been happening that is the problem.

The team seems dysfunctional and like there is a big problem that no one wants to discuss.

They all hate each other?  They all hate the coach?  A little of both?  They all hate playing/living in Buffalo?  There's more to this crap than simply losing a hockey game.  I have absolutely no idea what it is.

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin made a couple breakout passes that wowed me. He had a big hit. His D positioning wasn't horrendous. He was pretty good, and that's perfectly in line with expectations for him for his first National Hockey League game. 

Imagine how the perception would change if he was playing the fewest minutes, on the third pair, while a sturdy top 4 took the tough minutes above him, all while not expecting to save the D all on his lonesome as an 18 year old, in front of a crowd already booing the team (not saying I hold it against the crowd, but I'm sure it's not fun to hear, in your first game). 

That was always my issue with adding only Dahlin to the d corps. 

Excuse me sweaty, we added Bogosian

I was fairly impressed with the way they played. At least for the first period and a half their north-south game was excellent, they were fast and they passed often without holding on to the puck too long.

This team isn't going to make the playoffs this year, but there will be a significant improvement. The game wasn't as lopsided as the score. There are 8 new players on the team with several players with very little experience. 

Listening to WGR, and the doom and gloom................. it's one damn game. If I need to hear this crap all season after a loss, I'm just going to shut off WGR all together. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

I swear the buffalo teams are jinxed

I'm a huge Red Sox fan.  They said that about the Red Sox for decades too.

Then they finally hired competent front office people, ceased engaging in racist player selection, and ran the team in a professional, shrewd manner...and a lot of success and multiple championships followed.

We aren't jinxed; we just suck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Well said.  This is what I have been trying to discuss going back to last year.

It's not that we lost; it's how we looked, what we did and did not do, and how long this has been happening that is the problem.

The team seems dysfunctional and like there is a big problem that no one wants to discuss.

They all hate each other?  They all hate the coach?  A little of both?  They all hate playing/living in Buffalo?  There's more to this crap than simply losing a hockey game.  I have absolutely no idea what it is.

yeah no question...there is absolutely some dark cloud...an entrenched losing mentality and a terrible culture...until we beat it I call it the Drury/Briere curse because we STILL have yet to recover from a downwards spiral started 11 years ago.

Just now, JJFIVEOH said:

I was fairly impressed with the way they played. At least for the first period and a half their north-south game was excellent, they were fast and they passed often without holding on to the puck too long.

This team isn't going to make the playoffs this year, but there will be a significant improvement. The game wasn't as lopsided as the score. There are 8 new players on the team with several players with very little experience. 

Listening to WGR, and the doom and gloom................. it's one damn game. If I need to hear this crap all season after a loss, I'm just going to shut off WGR all together. 

When you live here and been a fan since roger crozier. It’s crazy they can’t turn it around

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Alright everyone, if JJ is happy with something a Buffalo team does even in a loss, it isn't as bad as y'all think it is. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Housley spitting fire in the postgame interview.  Says the rookies were okay, everyone else needs to step it up.  I like it.  

He's on the hot seat. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Excuse me sweaty, we added Bogosian

What do you mean I can't take off my sweater?! I'M HOT!

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Housley spitting fire in the postgame interview.  Says the rookies were okay, everyone else needs to step it up.  I like it.  

I think this is worth noting. He took a lot of flak for the vets last year and it would be a very telling sign from him if that doesn't continue this year. It would say to me that his expectations are much higher and he's not afraid to put blame on the players.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.