New (NHL) Year Resolution

pi2000

With the turn of the calendar to the 2018-19 NHL season... what is your "new year resolution"? 

Mine is to be more positive.   Life is short, my kids are getting older and watching hockey should be a positive experience we can share together.    

I'm pretty much perfect, so my resolution is to stay that way.

I might even pay to watch the Sabres this year, assuming Lord Casey (pbuh) doesn't get his foot chopped off before the 2 week free preview of center ice/NHL.tv is complete and the team looks competitive.  

Well that explains why you're the most vocally opposed to trading Ristolainen :lol:

I knew I outed myself as soon as I posted that :D

Honestly really didn't watch more than, what is that? 15 combined periods of Sabres hockey this season. I watched more playoff hockey than I did the Sabres. First time in 7 years I haven't gone to a game too

Edited by WildCard

I knew I outed myself as soon as I posted that :D

Honestly really didn't watch more than, what is that? 15 combined periods of Sabres hockey this season. I watched more playoff hockey than I did the Sabres. First time in 7 years I haven't gone to a game too

I probably have you beat.  I didn't even make it into the second week of the season.

Over the year, I got the sense that a lot of our regular posters werent regularly watching.
They didn’t miss much.

I expect to see all this suffering start to bear fruit this year.
That means the young players who are already here to start playing to their pedigrees.
And the ones who aren’t here yet start to arrive.

My resolution is to have very little patience for those who don’t.

Realistically, this year should be to the Sabres what 2006/07 was to the Penguins, 07/08 was to the Chicago Blackhawks and 08/09 was to the LA Kings: the transition year between the outhouse and the penthouse.

Those teams missed the playoffs 5, 6, and 7 years in row, respectively.

Edited by dudacek

Must admit to listening to more Sabres hockey than watching. So for me a double frustration. One, having to listen to Dunleavy call a game on radio and two, the futility of this season. I will set my expectations better for this season. Just give me some young players who are at least entertaining.

Mine will be to stay positive on the team no matter if they exceed my expectiations or fail to meet them again. Nothing can be worst than last year though so this should be an easy one to complete.

Drink less during Sabres games?

Yeah, I'm not prepared to make that resolution until we start seeing things from them worth staying sober for...and they need to make the first move there, not me!

I intend to double down, no, triple down, on my effort, which has been gradually gaining momentum, to sully Terry Pegula and his wife so much in the public's eye that he is forced to sell the team.

Please tell us what they did to you or your family to incite your hatred for them. Personally I just don't get it.

I'm a glutton for punishment. Paid for Centre ice so I watched ( and suffered through ) most of the games. This year will be more of the same. As bad as it got this past season I do see some positive shite happening albeit slowly.

Over the year, I got the sense that a lot of our regular posters werent regularly watching.

They didn’t miss much.

I expect to see all this suffering start to bear fruit this year.

That means the young players who are already here to start playing to their pedigrees.

And the ones who aren’t here yet start to arrive.

My resolution is to have very little patience for those who don’t.

Realistically, this year should be to the Sabres what 2006/07 was to the Penguins, 07/08 was to the Chicago Blackhawks and 08/09 was to the LA Kings: the transition year between the outhouse and the penthouse.

Those teams missed the playoffs 5, 6, and 7 years in row, respectively.

Pens lost in the first round that year, no?

I’d be very good with a similar result for the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.