2018 Free Agent Class

Brawndo

I like him, and Bernier. Both arent too old and have had some success as backups to be looked at as potential #1s. Although I worry that Berniers to me in Toronto destroyed his potential like most goalies that have gone there. Both could be potential #1s if they can get back to the way they were a few years ago and would pressure Ullmark into starting right away. If they want to go older veteran, I would talk to Ottawa about Anderson

Good call on Anderson too, would also serve as a mentor for Ullmark

He doesn't get me excited but he might be okay.  The biggest concern is that the Wings have been in a death spiral for most of his time there; not sure if that mentality is in his head.

Possibly, but I think Mrazek's fall had a lot more to do with what was in front of him. His 2014 and 2015 numbers were very good

Good call on Anderson too, would also serve as a mentor for Ullmark

Possibly, but I think Mrazek's fall had a lot more to do with what was in front of him. His 2014 and 2015 numbers were very good

the whole Detroit goalie situation was an odd one. First Howard's the #1, then Mrazek came around and Howard was potentially going to be moved, then he took back the #1 spot and they moved Mrazek. Still think he can get back to being a good #1 in the league. Wouldn't expect him to compete for the Vezina, but good enough to not worry about goaltending until Ullmark takes the job from him.

the whole Detroit goalie situation was an odd one. First Howard's the #1, then Mrazek came around and Howard was potentially going to be moved, then he took back the #1 spot and they moved Mrazek. Still think he can get back to being a good #1 in the league. Wouldn't expect him to compete for the Vezina, but good enough to not worry about goaltending until Ullmark takes the job from him.

I guess you could infer that he's okay playing in a tandem situation (no clear #1) based on past history.

JT Miller re signs with Tampa

Year by year compensation for JT Miller in his new deal: $5.25M, $6M, $4.5M, $6M, $4.5M

So no Tavares?

That was my first thought as well but Tampa is scheduled to meet with Tavares tomorrow. Either they've heard he's picked someone else, or they're confident they can move the space with or without Miller

And I will happily accept any of a handful they're likely to have to move to make room.

Point and Johnson 

That was my first thought as well but Tampa is scheduled to meet with Tavares tomorrow. Either they've heard he's picked someone else, or they're confident they can move the space with or without Miller

Point and Johnson

Point isn't going to be one they move. Johnson, Palat, Killorn. One of them with Callahan as a cap dump.

I'd take Palat. Not sure how that trade works. I'd guess a lhd, girgensons or Larson for palat and Callahan? Not sure of value.

Callahan is a massive drag on value. Could be as easy as...McCabe? With all of their defensive depth hitting UFA next season, I'd imagine the would value something cheap for their 3rd pair.

Point isn't going to be one they move. Johnson, Palat, Killorn. One of them with Callahan as a cap dump.

Callahan is a massive drag on value. Could be as easy as...McCabe? With all of their defensive depth hitting UFA next season, I'd imagine the would value something cheap for their 3rd pair.

Holy mackerel I would do that in a heartbeat, although I'd rather give them a 2nd-rounder like the Caps just got for Gruby and Orpik.

I like him, and Bernier. Both arent too old and have had some success as backups to be looked at as potential #1s. Although I worry that Berniers to me in Toronto destroyed his potential like most goalies that have gone there. Both could be potential #1s if they can get back to the way they were a few years ago and would pressure Ullmark into starting right away. If they want to go older veteran, I would talk to Ottawa about Anderson

I too would rather have either Mrazek or Bernier than Hutton.

Holy mackerel I would do that in a heartbeat, although I'd rather give them a 2nd-rounder like the Caps just got for Gruby and Orpik.

Would also rather do a 2nd, but I'm not sure that's quit enough, even with Callahan coming back. Johnson is more proven than Grubauer, after all. One can hope, though.

Tyler Johnson’s NTC kicks in July 1st, I wonder if he is moved by then to create room

Tough spot for Tampa. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to move people to make room, but what if Tavares doesn't decide by then?

Tyler Johnson’s NTC kicks in July 1st, I wonder if he is moved by then to create room

I suspect Montreal and St. Louis may pay the must-sell price for Johnson rather than the full-value ticket attached to the better O’Reilly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.