Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Any interest in Oliver Bjorkstrand? Columbus might want to save some cash this offeseason so they can sign some guys next. Idk what he would take to get but this kid is on the verge of breaking out. 

I love Bjorkstrand. He definitely feels like a guy on the verge of a breakout. I honestly expected it last year in Columbus. Not that 40 points is bad, but his playmaking skills scream 20 goal - 40 assist guy to me. 

I don't see the Jackets moving him though. I'd expect a bridge deal like Josh Anderson got last year. Probably a little more money. But on a 2 or 3 year deal, he won't keep them from doing what they need to do next offseason. 

Any interest in Oliver Bjorkstrand? Columbus might want to save some cash this offeseason so they can sign some guys next. Idk what he would take to get but this kid is on the verge of breaking out.

Definitely. Columbus has a mix of overpaid vets and looming RFAs that make them a good trade target.

Am I the only one that doesn't want Pacioretty?

On the last year of his deal and he's already 29, why would we want to get older and also pay him a premium as he turns 30?

for the right price, why not? He isnt going to make the team worse

And just remember the GM ypu would be making the deal with, could probably get him for Bogosian straight up, might even get a high pick if we throw in Moulson too!

I am waiting for them to swoop in and announce they are hiring Snow to be an assistant GM

Randy Sexton today: "We don't know that we need to blow up the roster but clearly we do need to make changes. And we're working on several fronts in parallel to improve our team in the near term and the long term. We believe we have some terrific young players in place and terrific middle age players in place that can be with us for years to come but clearly we need to make changes and thats the plan we set about to put into action." 

Who are the terrific middle age players if not O'Reilly? I understand that ROR may be traded, but the words coming from people actually in our organization continue to tell a completely different story from what we hear outside.

Randy Sexton today: "We don't know that we need to blow up the roster but clearly we do need to make changes. And we're working on several fronts in parallel to improve our team in the near term and the long term. We believe we have some terrific young players in place and terrific middle age players in place that can be with us for years to come but clearly we need to make changes and thats the plan we set about to put into action." 

Who are the terrific middle age players if not O'Reilly? I understand that ROR may be traded, but the words coming from people actually in our organization continue to tell a completely different story from what we hear outside.

This is really the interesting part for me. Lends a lot of credence to the whole 'if Risto is moved then RoR/Reinhart are moved with him' theory 

Edited by WildCard

This is really the interesting part for me. Lends a lot of credence to the whole 'if Risto is moved then RoR/Reinhart are moved with him' theory 

I think the whole situation is interesting because, if there's one thing that our front office has done well and been complimented here for, it's being a tightly run ship compared to TM. Stuff doesn't get out of our current front offices in Buffalo. This, combined with the Kane crap, is why I'm so skeptical about the media "reports" on a ROR trade being imminent. Stuff doesn't get out of our offices, and the only things they have said indicate how much they value having ROR around and how hard it is to get centers like him, and center groups like ours. 

Again, we could very well end up trading him, but if we don't, I see no reason we ever share a tweet on this forum from a "hockey insider" again.

I think the whole situation is interesting because, if there's one thing that our front office has done well and been complimented here for, it's being a tightly run ship compared to TM. Stuff doesn't get out of our current front offices in Buffalo. This, combined with the Kane crap, is why I'm so skeptical about the media "reports" on a ROR trade being imminent. Stuff doesn't get out of our offices, and the only things they have said indicate how much they value having ROR around and how hard it is to get centers like him, and center groups like ours. 

Again, we could very well end up trading him, but if we don't, I see no reason we ever share a tweet on this forum from a "hockey insider" again.

I mean if you really don't wanna listen to guys who have legitimate connections and not have fun in the offseason, that's on you man ;)

This is very true.

Randy Sexton today: "We don't know that we need to blow up the roster but clearly we do need to make changes. And we're working on several fronts in parallel to improve our team in the near term and the long term. We believe we have some terrific young players in place and terrific middle age players in place that can be with us for years to come but clearly we need to make changes and thats the plan we set about to put into action."

On the other hand, what else are the GM and AGM going to say? Public comments from organizations tend to be about as reliable as the insiders you hate :lol:

On the other hand, what else are the GM and AGM going to say? Public comments from organizations tend to be about as reliable as the insiders you hate :lol:

True, but for example, Botterill is under no obligation to say that Jack-ROR is a spine that teams spend ten years trying to build, and stuff of that nature. But he continually says it, with the obvious qualifier that when you're in last place no one is untouchable. 

I'm working on a better post explaining what I hate so much about those insiders. 

True, but for example, Botterill is under no obligation to say that Jack-ROR is a spine that teams spend ten years trying to build, and stuff of that nature. But he continually says it, with the obvious qualifier that when you're in last place no one is untouchable. 

I'm working on a better post explaining what I hate so much about those insiders.

With all due respect man, if you don’t think GMs are talking to Botterill about O’Reilly, or that someone with influence is interested in seeing ROR traded, I don’t know what to say.

That’s all they have reported.

What the heck does this mean? This guy does not speak English very goodly.

@DarrenDreger
Reiterating what I said yesterday...IF Tavares opts to listen to interest...likely won’t entertain more than 5 teams.

@DarrenDreger
Ottawa will remain a hot spot this week. I believe Dorion is listening to interest on Karlsson and Zack Smith as a rebuild hits full stride.

@DarrenDreger
Reiterating what I said yesterday...IF Tavares opts to listen to interest...likely won’t entertain more than 5 teams.

@DarrenDreger
Ottawa will remain a hot spot this week. I believe Dorion is listening to interest on Karlsson and Zack Smith as a rebuild hits full stride.

We're one of those five teams. I mean, when you look for a new job, you definitely check out the city your aunt worked in a while ago and doesn't live in anymore, amirite?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.