Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Botterill at his season ending presser-“we absolutely need to get faster on the Wings.”

ROR unfortunately does not accomplish that.

Lindholm is a RFA, Faulk, Hanifin would be possibilities as well. Skinner could be part of the Sabres are going to pay his 7.5 Million Bonus and then trade him on July 2nd Sweetner.

Adding a 26yr old winger 1 year away from ufa seems like the opposite of a Botterill move.

Am I the only who thinks O’Reilly’s public pronouncements may be suspect and that behind the scenes his agent may be desperately trying to orchestrate an exit?

There is just way too much smoke from reputable sources attached to his name for a guy who doesn’t want to be traded from a team that doesn’t want to trade him.

There hasn’t been a guy more calculated than ROR in recent years about charting his own course.

Edited by dudacek

Am I the only who thinks O’Reilly’s public pronouncements may be suspect and that behind the scenes his agent imay be desperately trying to orchestrate an exit?

There is just way too much smoke from reputable sources attached to his name for a guy who doesn’t want to be traded from a team that doesn’t want to trade him.

There hasn’t been a guy more calculated than ROR in recent years about charting his own course.

Interesting.  That would be a huge (and final TM) domino to fall.  With Kane gone, Delo gone, Lehner on the way out and Bogo likely not far behind, it would be the ultimate statement by JBot trading away or otherwise getting rid of all the players TM acquired in trade. 

It would have to be a huge blockbuster.  Buffalo would need to get back a decent center and a top 4 D, plus futures (picks and prospects).  We gave away Grigorenko (then a good prospects and former 12th overall pick), Zadorov (top 16 pick and now in their top 4 D), Compher (35th overall and now in their top 9) and the 31st pick in 2015 for the rights to ROR and McGinn.  But ROR has contract term left, is in his prime and had one of his best seasons last season.  We should get more back then we gave.

ROR and Nylander for Skinner and Hanifin. Who says no?

I do! 

I hate Jeff Skinner so much. I don't want that turd anywhere near the Sabres, regardless of his ability. He's right there with Marchand and Lucic on my hated players list. Diving piece of garbage. I'd give Moulson an extension before cheering for Jeff freaking Skinner. 

:O :P 

Am I the only who thinks O’Reilly’s public pronouncements may be suspect and that behind the scenes his agent may be desperately trying to orchestrate an exit?

He orchestrated his departure from Colorado, so he has experience.

Carolina would want the trade to happen on July 2nd so the Sabres pay his 7.5 Million Signing Bonus, this should increase the return. I am also willing to retain a little salary to increase the return further.

Maybe Justin Faulk, (Nicholas Roy or Julian Gauthier) and a 2019 2nd?

Carolina would want the trade to happen on July 2nd so the Sabres pay his 7.5 Million Signing Bonus, this should increase the return. I am also willing to retain a little salary to increase the return further.

I want a first in any ROR trade or your best prospect. That's just a piece because more would be required. Edited by Skurk Liger

It's also worth pointing out that Justin Faulk hasn't been the Justin Faulk of general NHL fan perception for a couple seasons now. He's a lot like current Keith Yandle or Kevin Shattenkirk. Not a bad player, but somebody else you have to take great pains in sheltering and using correctly, or else he'll be dreadful for your chances of consistently winning. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Out of the pot and into the fire.  

I'm sorry but unless JT is signing here on the 1st day of free agency no way am I trading ROR.  Maybe in a year if Casey develops as hoped, but not now.

It's also worth pointing out that Justin Faulk hasn't been the Justin Faulk of general NHL fan perception for a couple seasons now. He's a lot like current Keith Yandle or Kevin Shattenkirk. Not a bad player, but somebody else you have to take great pains in sheltering and using correctly, or else he'll be dreadful for your chances of consistently winning.

Exactly and why you need better for ROR. Think of when we had no centers. What would you have traded for one like ROR?

Exactly and why you need better for ROR. Think of when we had no centers. What would you have traded for one like ROR?

My kidney.  

I know I'm just being an echo chamber at this point but it's June and I don't have anything else to talk about - I want two pieces for ROR that both are demonstrably awesome at even strength play, and are both in positions of weakness - a scoring LW with IQ and skill and speed, and a legitimately good defenseman, or I want one piece that is plain-and-simple better than ROR. 

So Noah Hanifin and the best winger under 23 they have.

Not even - Hanifin hasn't passed my ES sniff test yet, numbers be damned. 

Pesce and Slavin are the two D that have, I want one of them, and either Teravainen or Aho (and Carolina fans would rightly skewer me, they simply can't afford to do that, but I'm fine with keeping ROR so c'est la vie)

Aho is on their untouchable list unfortunately

Oh yeah, kid's great. And their biggest need with goaltending is still forward skill, which is why some of their fans came to the Sabres board on hf seeking reassurance that there's no chance we'd take Svechnikov, because that possibility actually worried them. 

Not even - Hanifin hasn't passed my ES sniff test yet, numbers be damned.

Pesce and Slavin are the two D that have, I want one of them, and either Teravainen or Aho (and Carolina fans would rightly skewer me, they simply can't afford to do that, but I'm fine with keeping ROR so c'est la vie)

Remember when Teravainen was given away by Chicago for peanuts so the Canes would take on Bickell's contract? What I wouldn't give to jump in on that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.