Sabres season ticket prices: not going up

LGR4GM

Part of the letter from Terry Pegula

I’m not happy and I am sure you aren’t either.

I’m sending this letter so that I can personally tell you that we will not be raising Season Ticket prices this year. You’ve been loyal to us in one of the most difficult times in franchise history and you deserve better.

When we decided to go through our rebuild, the expectation was that we would be competing for a playoff spot by now. That simply hasn’t happened. I bear my share of responsibility. Mistakes have been made along the way, but I’m not here to rehash those or make excuses. I’m here to tell you I watch the games too and the standard of the Buffalo Sabres must change.

I’ve challenged everyone in the organization to be better. Every single person, including me, needs to improve on everything we do.

As disappointed as I am in the season, the part of me that’s a fan like you is still excited for the future. We have players in our system at all levels of the organization – NHL, AHL, juniors, European leagues and the NCAA – and I’m confident they will make us consistently competitive.

This may not mean much. Until we win, it is just words. I just want you to know that I’m in it with you.

Terrence M. Pegula

Edited by Brawndo

I eagerly await to see where PA finds fault.

Part of the letter from Terry Pegula

’m not happy and I am sure you aren’t either.

I’m sending this letter so that I can personally tell you that we will not be raising Season Ticket prices this year. You’ve been loyal to us in one of the most difficult times in franchise history and you deserve better.

When we decided to go through our rebuild, the expectation was that we would be competing for a playoff spot by now. That simply hasn’t happened. I bear my share of responsibility. Mistakes have been made along the way, but I’m not here to rehash those or make excuses. I’m here to tell you I watch the games too and the standard of the Buffalo Sabres must change.

I’ve challenged everyone in the organization to be better. Every single person, including me, needs to improve on everything we do.

As disappointed as I am in the season, the part of me that’s a fan like you is still excited for the future. We have players in our system at all levels of the organization – NHL, AHL, juniors, European leagues and the NCAA – and I’m confident they will make us consistently competitive.

This may not mean much. Until we win, it is just words. I just want you to know that I’m in it with you.

Terrence M. Pegula

This was a really heartfelt and sincere letter from TPeg.   Probably best and most honest statement he's made regarding the Sabres in a long time.  He just won back a little bit of my lost faith with these words.  

Let's hope things turn around this fall.  That's all we can really do.  

Not a chance in hell he wrote 1 word of that, not a chance.

The capitalization of Season Ticket makes me suspect he did write it and told someone to "print it just like this." It's written in an authentic tone of voice. Perhaps Smell can offer a little more on the matter.

I eagerly await to see where PA finds fault.

No, you're right.

No fault. I was hoping he would proceed from an admission of making mistakes to a full-on confession on the charge of meddling, but you can't have everything.

One thing — how are non-STHers going to receive this message unless they're trolling message boards on the World Wide Web?

P.S. — the letter Brawndo posted is the entirety of it.

The more I think about this it’s an empty gesture. He’s been raising prices for years as he team and organization got worse. The stadium is a mess, the in game experience is substandard.

What he should have announced was lowering of the package price. He should have added that there will special incentives for renewing, like a discount for renewing early and maybe vouchers for concessions. He should have announced that the team will be doing more attendance oriented events at the games like giveaways etc.. he should have vowed to clean up and fix the stadium. He should have announced he is meeting with officials from other clubs on how to further enhance the in game experience.

The letter was long on cliche and lacked any real substance other then the hollow gesture. Challenging the organization to be better is no longer enough. Then again the PSE Sabres never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

The more I think about this it’s an empty gesture. He’s been raising prices for years as he team and organization got worse. The stadium is a mess, the in game experience is substandard.

What he should have announced was lowering of the package price. He should have added that there will special incentives for renewing, like a discount for renewing early and maybe vouchers for concessions. He should have announced that the team will be doing more attendance oriented events at the games like giveaways etc.. he should have vowed to clean up and fix the stadium. He should have announced he is meeting with officials from other clubs on how to further enhance the in game experience.

The letter was long on cliche and lacked any real substance other then the hollow gesture. Challenging the organization to be better is no longer enough. Then again the PSE Sabres never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity

He also failed to discover cold fusion.  Probably because it would irritate his former fracking cronies.

Bolded 1:

It's almost as if we didn't just have a thread about this based on an article from only 16 days ago... 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/04/whats-next-for-buffalos-aging-keybank-center/

https://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/25717-game-experience-russ-brandon-weighs-in/

Bolded 2:

What's the alternative?  What makes it "enough" in your eyes?  Any of the ideas you posted would have come from challenging your staff to be "better"...  certainly not from asking them to care less.

You lost me on your entire response at bolded 1 and cemented it with bolded 2.  The sense from your response is that if he had said he was lowering ST prices by 5% next year you would have said it should have been 10%.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.