GDT Buffalo at Tampa Bay 4/6/18 7:30 PM MSG WGR

LTS

I know that at the end of the day, wins and standings are what matters. But I remember watching us limp half-assed to the finish line, a 55 point team for our last 25 games, 1-5 in the last 6, getting shut out in the first Florida game, game 81 last season. 

I'm having a helluva lot more fun watching kids out there having fun and learning what it's like to play the best of the best at high speed. We made a ###### ton of mistakes tonight. Erod, Eichel, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Reinhart, Guhle, Risto. But they didn't put their tails between their legs and hide in the corner, doing their best to lose 3-1 instead. They ###### played and had fun doing it. 

Botterill, I know it might be tough, but we need to embrace this. Stop clinging to 3-1 gritty losses where Pominville makes the smart chip, Gionta getting the puck on net 1 on 3 while his boys change. 

Toronto added youth, mistakes, and speed at the end of 2015-16 with worse-looking results than this and look what that blossomed into. New Jersey signed a bunch of small college kids (Butcher, Bratt, and added Hischier) and went nuts. This is the way we have to go. Let ERod fly around surprising everyone, even himself. Let Casey do Casey things, navigating areas we haven't seen Sabres handle pucks since Briere. Let Jack the Stallion gallop down the ice, with fast and smart players getting to the places they need to be so Jack can find them. 

No more tying trash bags to Jack's waist and having him deflect pucks off of them every once in a while, an active black hole on the ice the rest of the time. 

No Griffith, no Pouliot, no Nolan, no Larsson. Sparse Zemgus. No Falk, Gorges, Tennyson. Add 4-5 smart, well-placed, well-timed pieces. They don't need to be the dazzling names, the big contracts. Find the right guys, plug them in, and we'll have plenty of fun next year.

Let's goooooooo!

Edited by Randall Flagg

Let's not pretend that Toronto and NJ are upcoming Cup dynasties, ok?

I see no reason to believe that a team that had 60 points two seasons ago, 95 last year, and over 100 this year, that is leading the league in scoring (at ES) with two top 4 D prospects ready to be inserted next season, along with a good goaltender, and is essentially a top 5 team in the entire league standings, is any less than the maximum any team can hope for while its kiddos are still on their goddamn ELCs.

Edited by Randall Flagg

No more tying trash bags to Jack's waist and having him deflect pucks off of them every once in a while, an active black hole on the ice the rest of the time. 

No Griffith, no Pouliot, no Nolan, no Larsson. Sparse Zemgus. No Falk, Gorges, Tennyson. Add 4-5 smart, well-placed, well-timed pieces. They don't need to be the dazzling names, the big contracts. Find the right guys, plug them in, and we'll have plenty of fun next year.

Let's goooooooo!

I have a feeling that was JBot's plan all along. The guys that you mentioned that JBOT acquired weren't intended to be more than 1 yr stop gap roster fillers until he and Housely had a better read on what the team was. Except for maybe Zemgo and Pominville, everyone else is gone, and youth development will be the modus operandi from this point forward.

I have a feeling that was JBot's plan all along. The guys that you mentioned that JBOT acquired weren't intended to be more than 1 yr stop gap roster fillers until he and Housely had a better read on what the team was. Except for maybe Zemgo and Pominville, everyone else is gone, and youth development will be the modus operandi from this point forward.

Nylander and his speed didn't look out of place... needs to learn a few things but got back on D.  Middelstadt has some sick hands, now if we can find some finishers and a goalie and 1 top end D via FA or Dahlin, as long as the JAGs don't see the ice next year.  KO played one of his better games of the season.  Love the Scandella response on that hit on KO.  Bring up CJ Smith and let Oloffson, PU and Asplund develop in Rochester... Look for diamonds in the rough to develop in later rounds and the Sabres finally have the makings of a team.  Enjoyed the game and a couple of bounces the other way....  Still enjoyable to watch.  Only wish Falk had some wheels, would love it if the Sabres could find a nasty D man that could skate.  Ok, one more game to go... When again does the lottery take place?

Nylander and his speed didn't look out of place... needs to learn a few things but got back on D.  Middelstadt has some sick hands, now if we can find some finishers and a goalie and 1 top end D via FA or Dahlin, as long as the JAGs don't see the ice next year.  KO played one of his better games of the season.  Love the Scandella response on that hit on KO.  Bring up CJ Smith and let Oloffson, PU and Asplund develop in Rochester... Look for diamonds in the rough to develop in later rounds and the Sabres finally have the makings of a team.  Enjoyed the game and a couple of bounces the other way....  Still enjoyable to watch.  Only wish Falk had some wheels, would love it if the Sabres could find a nasty D man that could skate.  Ok, one more game to go... When again does the lottery take place?

Saturday April 29th.

Agree with this

I see no reason to believe that a team that had 60 points two seasons ago, 95 last year, and over 100 this year, that is leading the league in scoring (at ES) with two top 4 D prospects ready to be inserted next season, along with a good goaltender, and is essentially a top 5 team in the entire league standings, is any less than the maximum any team can hope for while its kiddos are still on their goddamn ELCs.

Yeah, unfortunately Toronto really got it’s Sh!t together. My only hope is we return to the playoffs prior to their First Cup Victory since ‘67.

A few bounces or, you know, a fully functional goalie and this game and many others end differently.  I don't mean to keep beating the cremated remains of this dead horse, but I'd be curious to see just how many points our dynamic duo in net has cost the team this year.  And yes, I understand other things were, have been, and are bad, but the wholesale inability to make a save where a save needs to be made is a killer. 

And yes, even the best drop a few clangers.  A few.

A few bounces or, you know, a fully functional goalie and this game and many others end differently.  I don't mean to keep beating the cremated remains of this dead horse, but I'd be curious to see just how many points our dynamic duo in net has cost the team this year.  And yes, I understand other things were, have been, and are bad, but the wholesale inability to make a save where a save needs to be made is a killer. 

And yes, even the best drop a few clangers.  A few.

Yeh "johnny" looked like crap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.