Sabres Officially Clinch Last Place

WildCard

Wholesale changes

Start with the goal song, Doug Allen, changing the unis back to royal blue, and it pains me to say it, but let RJ retire. Lowering the ticket prices a tad would help retain some of the fan base that has had enough. 

The draft lottery has single handedly killed this franchise. We could have had Ekblad over Reinhart and McDavid over Eichel. We’d be in much much better shape at this point had we drafted first those two years. Let’s hope this year is different. We deserve Dahlin. We’ve certainly earned him. We will find out in a few more weeks if we get him.

The draft lottery has single handedly killed this franchise. We could have had Ekblad over Reinhart and McDavid over Eichel. We’d be in much much better shape at this point had we drafted first those two years. Let’s hope this year is different. We deserve Dahlin. We’ve certainly earned him. We will find out in a few more weeks if we get him.

I mean, I don't know about singlehandedly. Pretty sure Tim Murray did that

Once the season was lost

, be it December, Nov or even before it began, this is the best result we could have hoped for. Team severely lacks skill and talent. The guy they draft at 1,2,3 or most likely 4 is going to be a huge improvement over the guy he replaces.

With a little luck, it could come as soon as next season.

We would still have huge holes to fill. So maybe they'd finish 8th last

Ekblad and McDavid over Reinhart and Eichel still isn't nearly enough to make up for Murray's disastrous tenure as GM.

This franchise deserves to be the first NHL team to ever finish 31st in the standings

The also deserve to miss out on winning the lottery for intentionally tanking and putting themselves into this mess

They deserve the Boos and the quiet emptying arena

Terry was right when he said if he needed money he would just drill another well, except he forgot to mention that the well was sabres fans who were willing to spend money on tickets and merchandise over the years.

Atleast they aren't finishing in 8th and losing in the first round or just barely missing the playoffs anymore like everyone hated so much

Its much nicer knowing the season is over by Thanksgiving now so better uses can be found for your time instead of watching games that might mean something into the new year...

Edited by apuszczalowski

This franchise deserves to be the first NHL team to ever finish 31st in the standings

The also deserve to miss out on winning the lottery for intentionally tanking and putting themselves into this mess

They deserve the Boos and the quiet emptying arena

Terry was right when he said if he needed money he would just drill another well, except he forgot to mention that the well was sabres fans who were willing to spend money on tickets and merchandise over the years.

Because we loved the teams before that.  :doh:

Because we loved the teams before that.  :doh:

I enjoyed the Ted Nolan coached team (the year he won Coach of the Year and Hasek won MVP) They were short on talent (Hasek aside) but they played hard and were entertaining. (and tough) The 1999 team was terrific as well as the other Drury/Briere clubs. The past 7 seasons I have hated this team and on some of the nights, the complete lack of effort they display is disturbing. Can't really see this team even contending for a playoff spot for another 2, most likely 3 years. They are really going to have to turn over this roster.

As I added, yeah, this is much better knowing they are out by thanksgiving then atleast being able to watch meaningful games into the new year..........

:w00t:  :worthy:

This team would be in the playoffs with Hasek.

He was that good.

Absolutely, it is why those "successful" Sabre clubs got anywhere. He allowed them to over achieve. He was the best I have ever seen in a Sabres uniform or as a goaltender period.

As I added, yeah, this is much better knowing they are out by thanksgiving then atleast being able to watch meaningful games into the new year..........

So you don't remember those years then? Because they were usually out by Thanksgiving/Christmas and then the second half of the season was all about a desperate push for 8th place. And end of season momentum that never carried over to next season. We hated those teams for a reason.

The years between Black Sunday and the Tank were all trash except for Myers' rookie season. We didn't lose anything when we blew that team up.

So you don't remember those years then? Because they were usually out by Thanksgiving/Christmas and then the second half of the season was all about a desperate push for 8th place. And end of season momentum that never carried over to next season. We hated those teams for a reason.

The years between Black Sunday and the Tank were all trash except for Myers' rookie season. We didn't lose anything when we blew that team up.

the sad part being, we have yet to see an improvement on those Sabre clubs of which you speak. That is what is truly disheartening.

Will they raise a banner next year as the first team to ever finish 31st?

This post is the only thing that has made me laugh out loud this week. Thank you.

Also, I echo the sentiments that Doug Allen needs to go. The schtick has run its course.

you must be a blast at parties :P

If the beer content is 0.18, might be a decent party.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.