GDT Buffalo at Toronto 4/2/18 7 PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

I'd rather have Beaulieu in over Tennyson, was Beaulieu a healthy scratch or injured? Hopefully Tennyson is just there to take that spot in the press box.

Also I'd kill to have Kadri on that contract on our 3rd line. That is an underrated hole for us - someone to let ROR be offensive again, yet still score a ###### ton themselves.

Hope Tennyson is here to open a slot in Rochester’s crowded blueline.

Kadri is scum, but adding a centre of his two-way caliber is quickest way to improve this team short of adding Doughty or Karlsson.

Just adding a raw Casey seems to have transformed us from barely a one line team to almost a three line team.

"...and remember, don't tell Mommy. This is our special secret."

It's OK, I've already avenged Mommy's death at the hands of the Sand People (racist!) Tusken Raiders.

...as consequence was given opportunity with the good coaching of Babcock be placed in a role of becoming a good checking player and yes agitator but not dirty player who hurts his team . He is now committed to his role and along with it he gets his goal , another 30 goal season . Hate him allyou wish , it’s his role. and if he were a Sabre doing the same thing at $4 million a year locked in he would be a Sabre hero...

Indeed. We would adore Kadri if he was a 30-goal third-liner and agitator. Particularly at that price point. The key word here is coaching. Kadri would've had Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, and now Housley, and not Wilson, Carlyle, Horachek (had to look that up), and Babcock. Plus legit roster depth and an AHL powerhouse these past five seasons.

No needless injuries for anyone, please. Remember, we don't have bacta tanks and automated limb replacements in this galaxy.

Kadri is scum, but adding a centre of his two-way caliber is quickest way to improve this team short of adding Doughty or Karlsson.

Just adding a raw Casey seems to have transformed us from barely a one line team to almost a three line team.

Is he any worse than Kaleta was?

I'd say a tad more, but they are role players and I'd think we would be splitting hairs in comparing the two. I'd take pre-reputation Kaleta back in a heart beat. 

There is no way that Marchand plays the same role as Kadri. Marchand is a elite player who also is the dirtiest player in the game at present . On his skills without the flat out dirty play that has resulted in suspensions he would be the MVP in the league.

Kadri alternately is a player a few short years ago because of his attitude and non commitment was on his way out as a Leaf. Hunter who had him with the London Knights supported him , as consequence was given opportunity with the good coaching of Babcock be placed in a role of becoming a good checking player and yes agitator but not dirty player who hurts his team . He is now committed to his role and along with it he gets his goal , another 30 goal season . Hate him allyou wish , it’s his role. and if he were a Sabre doing the same thing at $4 million a year locked in he would be a Sabre hero.

Hoping Leafs suffer no injuries tonight , unfortunately for the Leafs these games mean nothing apart from player bonuses and staying healthy.

First off Marchand wasnt elite when he began... he got better... I see Kadri progressing maybe not at that level but definetly aa better scorer than originally thought. Yes he and Marchand are rats.. And the Sabres only have poor version in Larrson... so of course you hate the other teams rats, especially talented ones. You act like that is something you should teach us... Read NFreeman’s post... Sabres having Kadri would be a boone of course... that he is on the Leafs is reason enough for a Sabres fan to hate.

Here is the morning skate lineup from the Sabres

#Sabres  lines in Toronto:

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Wilson-O’Reilly-Reinhart

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Pouliot-Larsson-Baptiste

Nolan extra

Scandella-Ristolainen

Guhle-Falk

Gorges-Nelson

Beaulieu, Antipin absent. Tennyson is not here yet.

Is he any worse than Kaleta was?

I'd say a tad more, but they are role players and I'd think we would be splitting hairs in comparing the two. I'd take pre-reputation Kaleta back in a heart beat. 

Well... let's not get too crazy. Kaleta was a role player (Stick of Checking +5!) drafted at the end of the draft, but Kadri was a top-ten draft pick. Toronto was horrible and able to stock top talent for years and now he finds himself on the third line... more power to Kadri and them. In the short-term though, he was a bust because he wasn't a bona fide top-line center like he was drafted to be. But he has skills that Kaleta simply did not possess. (Kadri has more goals this season---on a third line---than Kaleta had in his entire career of almost 400 games.)

And yes, I'd replace Nolan with pre-reputation Kaleta on this roster in a heartbeat because the skating ability would be absolutely terrific in Housley's intended system.

Edited by DarthBerusad

Kadri alternately is a player a few short years ago because of his attitude and non commitment was on his way out as a Leaf. Hunter who had him with the London Knights supported him , as consequence was given opportunity with the good coaching of Babcock be placed in a role of becoming a good checking player and yes agitator but not dirty player who hurts his team . He is now committed to his role and along with it he gets his goal , another 30 goal season . Hate him all you wish , it’s his role. and if he were a Sabre doing the same thing at $4 million a year locked in he would be a Sabre hero.

Hoping Leafs suffer no injuries tonight , unfortunately for the Leafs these games mean nothing apart from player bonuses and staying healthy.

Hello Millbank, Yeah I would definitely take him at that salary and production. Sure looks like his turnaround could be credited to another one of my all time favorite tough to play against agitators, Dale Hunter. Obviously takes one to know one.

If he coaches like he played it's no surprise the farm team keeps providing good hard nosed rookie hockey players to the big club. 

I look forward to the Eichel vs. Matthews match up for years to come. I like how Jack gets up for these games and I think its more than just the border rivalry and proximity of Toronto. Jack and Austin have crossed paths in USA hockey and even played together. They are also 2 of the highest rated US born players to come out in the last few years. If your competitive like they are you always want to do well against your buddy whenever you play against them. Pride and bragging rights definitely play into it when you put two friendly competitors together.     

So Lets Jack'em tonight Sabres, we may not be going to playoffs but we can win the season series and within your division and in off season meetups that still something to hang your hat on.     

First off Marchand wasnt elite when he began... he got better... I see Kadri progressing maybe not at that level but definetly aa better scorer than originally thought. Yes he and Marchand are rats.. And the Sabres only have poor version in Larrson... so of course you hate the other teams rats, especially talented ones. You act like that is something you should teach us... Read NFreeman’s post... Sabres having Kadri would be a boone of course... that he is on the Leafs is reason enough for a Sabres fan to hate.

My comment was not meant to teach anyone anything , no disrespect in my part

Edited by millbank

Here is the morning skate lineup from the Sabres

#Sabres  lines in Toronto:

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Wilson-O’Reilly-Reinhart

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Pouliot-Larsson-Baptiste

Nolan extra

Scandella-Ristolainen

Guhle-Falk

Gorges-Nelson

Beaulieu, Antipin absent. Tennyson is not here yet.

It's actually impressive how bad our wingers are

I wish this was still the world where you could sign a Bozak this offseason (Bonino last, etc.) for 3 years and 3-4 million. But UFA puts these guys more towards 5X6, and we just can't do that. 

Well... let's not get too crazy. Kaleta was a role player (Stick of Checking +5!) drafted at the end of the draft, but Kadri was a top-ten draft pick. Toronto was horrible and able to stock top talent for years and now he finds himself on the third line... more power to Kadri and them. In the short-term though, he was a bust because he wasn't a bona fide top-line center like he was drafted to be. But he has skills that Kaleta simply did not possess. (Kadri has more goals this season---on a third line---than Kaleta had in his entire career of almost 400 games.)

And yes, I'd replace Nolan with pre-reputation Kaleta on this roster in a heartbeat because the skating ability would be absolutely terrific in Housley's intended system.

I was zeroing in on the goon-ness factor, not over all player.

One has under performed as to potential from draft position, the other over.

But they both have the same role on the team. Agitator. Comparing that I believe is splitting hairs.

It's actually impressive how bad our wingers are

I'd be actually ok with them if you gave Jack 2 decent wingers, 

Not the thread for this but next year

Mittelstadt Eichel      XXX

WIlson      ROR       Samson

Bailey      ERod       Baptiste

Girgs       Larsson    Okposo

looks a lot better to me - especially if XXX is Svechnikov or Zadina.

My comment was not meant to teach anyone anything , no disrespect in my part

Fair enough, sounded a little weird coming from you because I consider you a knowledgeable hockey fan that understands that most of us understand the game despite the cough cough partisan devide. Good luck tonite rooting for your Leafs as we root for our Sabres and lets hope for an interesting game... Go Sabres.

I'd be actually ok with them if you gave Jack 2 decent wingers,

Not the thread for this but next year

Mittelstadt Eichel XXX

WIlson ROR Samson

Bailey ERod Baptiste

Girgs Larsson Okposo

looks a lot better to me - especially if XXX is Svechnikov or Zadina.

Still really, really bad IMO. Wilson is not a 2nd line winger, and Bailey and Baptiste have proven to be useless. Plus Mittelstad will be a young rookie Edited by Jokertecken

Still really, really bad IMO. Wilson is not a 2nd line center, and Bailey and Baptiste have proven to be useless. Plus Mittelstad will be a young rookie

Bailey yes Baptiste has moments then other times looks like a rookie. Think he still can be better.

From TSN

Jack Eichel was asked: Does he think he has bragging rights on Auston Matthews as he has more goals in head to head matchups

'No, he’s going to the playoffs.'

Which is exactly the reason why McDavid shouldn’t win MVP. The MVP leads their team into the playoffs.

Shhhh just let it happen. It will all be over soon

From TSN

Jack Eichel was asked: Does he think he has bragging rights on Auston Matthews as he has more goals in head to head matchups

'No, he’s going to the playoffs.'

http://media.giphy.com/media/L2XXYXoVkAbdK/giphy.gif

(not sure how to get that gif to show in my post)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.