Adam Wilcox called up

Brawndo

sooooooo tanky.  

i'll allow it.

That's another element of it. Imagine if the game were tied last night and putting the accountant in sealed a win and clinched a playoff berth for the other team.

Should the NHL enforce a consistent standard on all the teams?

That's another element of it. Imagine if the game were tied last night and putting the accountant in sealed a win and clinched a playoff berth for the other team.

He was eligible to play for either team, should they have two injuries.  It was part of a rule change two years ago... Forget the circumstances.

No, if a team wishes to tank and risk alienating their fan base, they should (and are) allowed to do so.    There is a salary cap floor which helps, but there are ways around that by taking on bad contracts, etc..   

Not targeting this at you PA, but this whole "anti-tank because fans are entitled to a certain level of entertainment" is a product of millennials  who feel they're entitled to entertaining hockey because they bought a ticket.     You buy a movie ticket, there's no guarantee you're going to enjoy it and you can't ask for your money back.    Read the reviews, if it's doing poorly at the box office then don't go see it, but stop complaining all the time about how you're being "bamboozled".    

Edited by pi2000

No, if a team wishes to tank and risk alienating their fan base, they should (and are) allowed to do so.    There is a salary cap floor which helps, but there are ways around that by taking on bad contracts, etc..   

Not targeting this at you PA, but this whole "anti-tank because fans are entitled to a certain level of entertainment" is a product of millennials  who feel they're entitled to entertaining hockey because they bought a ticket.     You buy a movie ticket, there's no guarantee you're going to enjoy it and you can't ask for your money back.    Read the reviews, if it's doing poorly at the box office then don't go see it, but stop complaining all the time about how you're being "bamboozled".    

Wait, wut? I'm pretty sure several of the anti-tank aren't millennials. Did I miss some sarcasm here?

50 here, so no millennial.  And you're damned right I expect a certain level of entertainment for my ticket.  A night out for a hockey game is a good $100-150 when you consider tickets, parking, food, and drink.  A movie might cost me $15-20 if I go to Imax.

And it def affects the league, not just the home fans.  Noone else wants to pay to see Buffalo on their ice either.  And if my team were neck and neck on the last day of the season and the other team was playing Buffalo in a tank year I'm pretty damned pissed.

ANd LOL at entitled.  WTF felt entitled to a "generational talent" enough to sink two seasons and alienate an entire fanbase and put an entire league through multiple seasons of pitiful performance?  There's your entitlement right there.  everyone else, I want my star and you all can suffer for it.

50 here, so no millennial.  And you're damned ###### right I expect a certain level of entertainment for my ticket.  A night out for a hockey game is a good $100-150 when you consider tickets, parking, food, and drink.  A movie might cost me $15-20 if I go to Imax.

And it def affects the league, not just the home fans.  Noone else wants to pay to see Buffalo on their ice either.  And if my team were neck and neck on the last day of the season and the other team was playing Buffalo in a tank year I'm pretty damned pissed.

ANd LOL at entitled.  WTF felt entitled to a "generational talent" enough to sink two seasons and alienate an entire fanbase and put an entire league through multiple seasons of pitiful performance?  There's your entitlement right there.  ###### everyone else, I want my star and you all can suffer for it.

Sounds like you get a better bang for your buck at the movies.    Nobody is forcing you to go to the game.   If you don't feel $100-150 is worth it, then don't go.   

Did they alienate the fanbase?   I see Eichel jersey's left and right, and people keep buying tickets..... which signals that the tank was as success, maybe not a "success" in the standings, but merchandise and ticket sales are doing well.... very well with Eichel on the team.     Wouldn't be the case with Strome.

Sounds like you get a better bang for your buck at the movies. Nobody is forcing you to go to the game. If you don't feel $100-150 is worth it, then don't go.

Did they alienate the fanbase? I see Eichel jersey's left and right, and people keep buying tickets..... which signals that the tank was as success, maybe not a "success" in the standings, but merchandise and ticket sales are doing well.... very well with Eichel on the team. Wouldn't be the case with Strome.

Have you seen the crowds at the games? You haven’t. They aren’t coming to the games.

And I agree. Movies are a better value right now. Thanks for being a part of the crowd that that up for me.

Wouldn't he be a better option than this Foster fellow?

I think Marty would say no.

At a certain age you just know it's not smart to be trying to get back in net, especially as a former pro.

Marty would probably decline on the fact that he is almost guaranteed to hurt himself by trying to play like he used to. At least a younger beer leaguer is probably seeing regular ice time and knows what his current limits are.

I would argue that tapping a younger guy might be even smarter. You want someone who is still flexible and can maybe over extend without being as likely to hurt himself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.