Sabres have zero players with a positive +/-

dejeanneret

How is it possible that a team 65 games into the season has that?

I mean, even guys that have just gotten called up have a negative number.

The best player is Baptiste with -1.

And how does a guy making $6 million a year (Okposo) have a -29.  Does this guy even have a pulse on the ice?  Does he even give a rats a$$?

That just goes to show how lazy and disinterested this team is, and in the end about 80% of them are checked out and could care less whether the fans see a good product on the ice or not.

Every minute this team is on the ice, they disrespect the game....they disrespect the fans...and they disrespect the league.  The disgrace and garbage they call "effort" is laughable.  I'd say it straight to their face. It wouldn't surprise me that they all point to the stands and laugh at the fans for how naïve they are to actually pay to see them skate around with no effort.

The Florida game tonight was horrible. You call yourselves professionals, and you stand around while opponents skate around you like your cones?  Besides a handful of players, the rest should just donate their salary back to all the season ticket holders and refund them for their trash performances that didn't even resemble an AHL franchise.

Meanwhile, hardworking fans are spending $100s of dollars per game taking their family to watch this garbage with them skating around with their heads in the clouds thinking about where they will be vacationing in a few months.

It's no coincidence this is a team full of negatives.

Disgraceful. 

Can't wait for Bots to clean house.  Bring in winners who want to play and make their fans proud instead of steal their money.

Deslauriers is a plus 9 and has a TRPM © of +14.

Eichel is a -14 and has a TRPM © of +4.5.

Therefore it is evident that we need to trade Eichel for Deslauriers and give Deslauriers our top line minutes against the toughest competition.

haha, that +14 is nice tho!

• 2 weeks later...

If this thread is why is this team bad?  Look no further then the D, again.

This team has used 13 D.  Thirteen.  Amazingly, Nelson with only 26 games is 6th in D scoring with 2g 5a.  Beaulieu has 8 pts in 52 games.

The D  

Risto 62g 35pts -16

Scandellla, 71g 20 pts +0

McCabe 53g 12 pts -11

Antipin 44g 10 pts -9

Beaulieu 52g 8 pts -19

Nelson 26g 7pts -3

Falk 38g 2pts - 11

Gorges 30g 2pts -5

Bogosian 18g 1pt -9

Tennyson 14g 0pts -8 

Fedun 7g 1pt -1

Guhle 8g 1 pt +1

Redmond 3g 0pts  +1

You can't win if you have no depth on Defense.  If you have watched the Sabres for the last few years this lack of depth and constant injury bug on defense has been a key issue.

By comparison TB has used only 9 D all season, the 9th is McDonagh who they just acquired at the deadline.  in 71 team games played; Hedman has played 66, Sergachev 69, Stralman 69, Girardi 66, and Coburn 61.  Their 6th D, Dotchin, a former 6th rd pick in 2012, has played 48 games.  Health is everything.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

How does Scandella stack up in the fancystats world?

Given the fact he plays some of the hardest minutes on the team, his even +/- caught my eye.

Scandella has an eye popping Team Relative +/- of roughly +20.    In general, Team Relative +/- is based on the expected +/- of each player based on the % of minutes played and total team goal differential (at even strength).    For the amount of minutes Scandella has played and the large negative team goal differential, he's expected to have a +/- of around -20.... but.... he's at 0.    So his Team Relative +/- is +20... he's not the reason this team sucks.     A Team Relative +/- of 0, on a bad team, means you're part of the problem.

Other Sabre's Team Relative +/-... (based on total goal differential, not even strength)

Okposo -14

Larsson -7

Beaulieu -7

Risto +9

O'Reilly +10

McDavid +26

Matthews +17

Eichel +1

Edited by pi2000

I'm not sure you can complain about lack of depth in the same breath as mentioning 13 d men used. Getting all the way to #13 on the depth chart would tax even Nashville.

Most of those guys aren’t capable depth. They are just warm bodies. Depth also means quality 1-7. We don’t have that either.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Most of those guys aren’t capable depth. They are just warm bodies. Depth also means quality 1-7. We don’t have that either.

I do agree with the bolded.  Linking it to an obscene number of D men used seemed odd though.

I do agree with the bolded. Linking it to an obscene number of D men used seemed odd though.

It’s more about the injuries. For teams like ours with limited depth any way 1-7, having to use even worse D for a significant part of the season is a death blow. Fielding the same 5-6 guys each night like TB this year or Toronto last year leads to more consistent play and better results.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

• 3 weeks later...

How does Scandella stack up in the fancystats world?

Given the fact he plays some of the hardest minutes on the team, his even +/- caught my eye.

And just like that, he's a -15. -10 in his last 5 games. Still has a positive TRpm tho...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.