GDT Sabres at Panthers 7:30pm 3/2/18 MSG GR

Brawndo

More hockey.  I can't wait.

It's entirely possible that they lay an egg tonight.  Florida has been an improved team over the past 2 months. 

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I can't wait for Lehner to play his last game in blue and gold.

I know, right?  Somehow we outplayed the Panthers and ended up with a 3-1 deficit to show for it.  I would have quit on the game too.

Nelson and Antipin have done a good job connecting with the forwards.

Baptiste seems to be getting shots.

Some good cycling down low.

PP has been awful. Some defensive coverage mistakes. No big saves.

Game hasn’t been as bad as the score suggests.

Seemed like the Sabres knew at 3-1 that the game was over.  At 4-1... fuggetaboutit.

Lehner is certainly having a bad game.

Didn't watch the game.  Didn't read any pregame coverage, so I didn't know for sure who was minding the net last night.    I saw the score and assumed Lehner was in the crease.  

This was an average game for Lehner.   And an average game for the offense.    Average games for Lehner and the offense equal multiple negative goal differentials for the Sabres   

Lehner has a knack for making Johnson look good, somehow (and he's really not).  That's a special skill right there. 

Yes, the defense is bad. This does not mean that Lehner is somehow not also bad on this basis alone.

Not arguing Lehner is Hasek. Just that there's blame for everyone. Everyone has to do their job.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I know, right? Somehow we outplayed the Panthers and ended up with a 3-1 deficit to show for it. I would have quit on the game too.

Seemed like the Sabres knew at 3-1 that the game was over. At 4-1... fuggetaboutit.

Losing E-Rod was too much to overcome.

I stopped watching but that's because I had other issues to deal with last night.

I wasn't surprised by the outcome.  Florida has been on fire lately and Buffalo was bound to have a stinker.

Right now I focus on the players that will continue to make up this team and I think they are playing well.  I look at players I hope continue to be on this team and they are playing well and then there's the rest and I can't care about them because they should be playing elsewhere next year.

While he did let that first stinker, after one of the later goals I said,"how many save is he supposed to make."

2 times, the third man in scored the goal. Both times, I couldn't tell if it was the D's fault or one of the forward's. They really have to figure that out. It's been a problem for a while. The past two games with Jonson in net, there always seemed to be a guy there to take either the man or get the puck.

Maybe dark is right and they just don't like playing for him.

Edited by SwampD

While he did let that first stinker, after one of the later goals I said,"how many save is he supposed to make."

2 times, the third man in scored the goal. Both times, I couldn't tell if it was the D's fault or one of the forward's. They really have to figure that out. It's been a problem for a while. The past two games with Jonson in net, there always seemed to be a guy there to take either the man or get the puck.

Maybe dark is right and they just don't like playing for him.

Or maybe the Big Johnson is more predictable about rebound control.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.