Defense Next Year

GASabresIUFAN

What players are you referring to here?

From this season's loser roster I would be willing to trade anyone for the right price but really most of the veterans with the possible exception of Scandella. 

Because it is both unrealistic and idiotic to attempt and completely wipe this team down to the studs without making us wait 4 more years

No, you wait 4 more years if you think you can change a deep rooted culture of losing by switching around half a dozen bodies.

Roster I'd like to see:

Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensens (the latter preferrably replaced by a young stud we get for ROR, like trade him for a pick and draft Tcachuk)

Mittelstadt, Nylander and ? 

ERod, Bailey, Baptiste

4th line, dunno, best of whatever young talent we have left

D:

Scandella, Risto, Dahlin, ? , Guhle, and best of the crap maybe it's McCabe, maybe it's Nelson until the newly signed (maybe) Swede is ready or whoever else we draft/sign.

Ullmark and ? (Hammond? Khubodin?)

Something like that. 

Realistically stuck with guys like Okposo and Pomminstein, maybe that's your 4th line but I'd rather they were all gone. 

From this season's loser roster I would be willing to trade anyone for the right price but really most of the veterans with the possible exception of Scandella. 

No, you wait 4 more years if you think you can change a deep rooted culture of losing by switching around half a dozen bodies.

Roster I'd like to see:

Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensens (the latter preferrably replaced by a young stud we get for ROR, like trade him for a pick and draft Tcachuk)

Mittelstadt, Nylander and ? 

ERod, Bailey, Baptiste

4th line, dunno, best of whatever young talent we have left

D:

Scandella, Risto, Dahlin, ? , Guhle, and best of the crap maybe it's McCabe, maybe it's Nelson until the newly signed (maybe) Swede is ready or whoever else we draft/sign.

Ullmark and ? (Hammond? Khubodin?)

Something like that. 

Realistically stuck with guys like Okposo and Pomminstein, maybe that's your 4th line but I'd rather they were all gone. 

that forward group is a last place team forward group.  No doubt in my mind.

ROR and Guhle for OEL and Domi??

I don't think that gets it done, OEL is one of the better D-men in the league, he is far more valuable than RoR.  Guhle for Domi is a bit of a wash, Domi probably needs a change of scenary and I wouldn't mind him in Buffalo, but not at the cost of Guhle who is a solid defensive prospect.  

I don't think Arizona hangs up on Buffalo, they ask for more and rightfully so

Bogosian’s warts have been discussed to death and McCabe had a very poor season.

But this has become like the Reinhart bashing in December.

He has an awful contract and he is not “available” enough, but Bogosian is a legitimate NHL 4/5 in the 60 games he typically plays.

I don’t want Bogosian and McCabe as my second pair, but they could be a solid third.

People talk about them like they’re Messy Balls.

OMG, you had to know as soon as you said anything not critical of Bogo the bunkerites were going to come out and say how terrible he is. 

I don't think that gets it done, OEL is one of the better D-men in the league, he is far more valuable than RoR.  Guhle for Domi is a bit of a wash, Domi probably needs a change of scenary and I wouldn't mind him in Buffalo, but not at the cost of Guhle who is a solid defensive prospect.  

I don't think Arizona hangs up on Buffalo, they ask for more and rightfully so

I think when you factor in OEL’s contract status, Arizona would be thrilled to acquire ROR for him.

Better than the Kapanen Dermott and a late first offers they are going to be choosing from at the deadline.

Would any of you be interested in

Nylander

McCabe

Fasching

2019 2nd

2018 4th

For

Duncan Keith

Vinny Hinostroza

Personally, no way. Admittedly I don't know much about Hinostroza, but it seems Duncan Keith would be the "key" piece in the trade and I'm just not interested in a 34-year-old shell of Keith. Plus, he has 5 years still on his deal and is probably only going to regress. Maybe if we were closer to "winning now." I don't have high hopes for Nylander or Fasching becoming important contributors here buthat would be a huge overpayment in my opinion.  

I do like McCabe a lot and would notrade him. 

Everyone should stop doing Chicago favors. Lethem live with the cap hell they created. 

Would any of you be interested in

Nylander

McCabe

Fasching

2019 2nd

2018 4th

For

Duncan Keith

Vinny Hinostroza

I am definitely of the mindset that the time is now to fill in holes with veterans that have winning pedigrees and not throw more kids on the roster, but I'm not interested in Keith at that age and contract status.  Mostly contract status.

(emphasis on winning pedigrees this time, not Islander castoffs)

According to Hawks fans, Keith is already a shell of his former self. We should target other vets

I like Scandella, but I need him taking actively tough minutes and focusing on that. We need Willie Mitchell/Brian Campbell for Dahlin. Hjalmarsson could be a good get, or Enstrom. I'm almost positive I've typed out this exact post but I"m doing it again because reasons. 

And then adding another vet on top of that to push guys like Beaulieu, Bogosian further from permanent top 6 roles.

According to Hawks fans, Keith is already a shell of his former self. We should target other vets

I like Scandella, but I need him taking actively tough minutes and focusing on that. We need Willie Mitchell/Brian Campbell for Dahlin. Hjalmarsson could be a good get, or Enstrom. I'm almost positive I've typed out this exact post but I"m doing it again because reasons. 

And then adding another vet on top of that to push guys like Beaulieu, Bogosian further from permanent top 6 roles.

What about trading Scandella?

Leaves you with Dahlin, Guhle, McCabe and Pilut on the left side.

that forward group is a last place team forward group.  No doubt in my mind.

That is highly possible - for one more year. But it should get the attitude changed, should provide Eichel the opportunity to become the leader, and should let them grow together as a team. I think it can create a culture shift and the trajectory will be positive.

If you can show me a better way to change this deep rooted culture of losing and quitting I am all ears. If not, a youth oriented reset is the only way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.