GDT Sabres at Capitals 2/24/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

I think Risto would be fine playing next to a bonafide #1 guy. But I don't think he can be the best defenseman on a good team.

And unfortunately for us those are very hard to come by. How do you think he’d fare as a co-#2? Can he be tied for the best D on a good team?

Kane being out is noticeable.  With Jack and Kane out, their firepower is more like smokepower.  Who's going to score?

Something bleak where next year is concerned..

Yeah, IB is plugged in...or he reads Harrington's Twitter feed. <_<

That’s funny because Bob’ Tweet was at 4:23 while Harrington’s Breaking Tweet was at 4:51, 28 minutes later.

So unless there is an IBN Time Machine, I’m pretty sure Bob broke it first.

Here are the tweets with time stamps

I’m going with he is plugged in

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/967510271186165760

https://twitter.com/bymharrington/status/967517463998017536

Edited by Brawndo

And unfortunately for us those are very hard to come by. How do you think he’d fare as a co-#2? Can he be tied for the best D on a good team?

Something bleak where next year is concerned..

Not if the top pair has to play 27 minutes per night. I think he can absolutely be part of a relatively fluid top-4 that gets ~23 minutes each per night. 

In fairness, I'm at the grand canyon right now and not watching, if I was, I may be tempted to jump

Well the last "Lehner sucks" moment might just drive you over the rim. Yes, Lehner whiffed but that was after Burakovsky skated through (not around, through) four Sabres. Housley could put Blue and Gold pylons on the ice and get the same result

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.