Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 minutes ago, ... said:

That confirms what I had read or heard.  So, after the notice, what is her legal status if she still occupies the residence?  I understand it's theoretical at this point being in a state you don't operate in.

Here, one of two things:  (1) she leaves voluntarily or (2) you go to court (this is the eviction proceeding) to get an order directing the sheriff, marshal, or constable (depending on the jurisdiction) to forcibly remove her.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

At least in NYS, there's a reason for the distinction.  Consider a tenant with a one-year lease.  At the expiration of the lease term, the tenant automatically becomes a month-to-month tenant, at the same rate of rent, and a lot of landlords don't require a new lease.  Some time later, the landlord decides it doesn't want the tenant anymore.  Maybe it's selling the property. Maybe it wants a higher rate of rent.  Not having some protection for holdovers would effectively allow the landlord to use self-help to move the tenant out without advance warning (which McCoy tried here) and would leave the tenant homeless.  So (in NYS) we require landlords to give at least thirty days notice to a holdover.  And the doctrine applies to guests who are living rent-free, too; in fact, a CNY couple just evicted their own son a few months back after numerous written notices for him to vacate the home he grew up in.

I love it when a question comes to mind while reading a post and then that same post goes on to answer it (bolded).  Did anything in this McCoy case suggest whether or not he was charging rent?

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I love it when a question comes to mind while reading a post and then that same post goes on to answer it (bolded).  Did anything in this McCoy case suggest whether or not he was charging rent?

I don't think he was.  She's an exgirlfriend who overstayed her welcome.

Oh man, wish you were going the week before. The Auburn game will be nuts if they are both in the hunt. Go to All Good after the game, always a good time and they have a great beer selection. Make sure to get there early enough on Friday to go to Creature Comforts. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh man, wish you were going the week before. The Auburn game will be nuts if they are both in the hunt. Go to All Good after the game, always a good time and they have a great beer selection. Make sure to get there early enough on Friday to go to Creature Comforts. 

Where is the best place to go to before the game? Not sure if we go tailgating, or hit a local bar, or what honestly; never been to Georgia before

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Where is the best place to go to before the game? Not sure if we go tailgating, or hit a local bar, or what honestly; never been to Georgia before

First, plan to tailgate. It won't be super crazy because it is UMass and we will either be out of the hunt or assuming an easy victory. You can legally drink on campus but make sure you don't leave campus with an open container. Get there a good 3-5 hours before game time (probably a noon kickoff). If you bargate, Walkers will be open early and has alcoholic coffee and a bloody mary bar. It is across the street from the Arches. I don't know when All Good will open but they have TV's and a good beer selection. They are on Clayton street around the corner from Walkers. Both of those bars are not "undergrad bars". If that's what you want, I won't be as useful because I didn't really frequent them. Get chick-fil-a on the way downtown because there aren't a ton of restaurants that will be open pre-game and post-game will be crazy to eat. 

Got it confirmed, no beer at Sanford still. I do know some people who will be tailgating for that game. 

Edited by LGR4GM

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

There's a report out there - AP, I think (so, Wawrow) - that, per a source, the civil lawsuit isn't going to affect McCoy's status with the team. I'm not sure whether the source is a team or league source.

Source:  

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

LeSean McCoy's lawyers and Delicia Cordon's lawyers reached an agreement in the eviction case and she's no longer living at the home.

She'll make one last stop (with a Sheriff's deputy) Monday to get her belongings.

McCoy lawyer:  You have no defense to this eviction proceeding.

Cordon lawyer:  I know, but she's going to stay there anyway just to piss him off, until the sheriff comes to get her.

Someone over Cordon's lawyer's shoulder:  You know, it's a little inconsistent to sue because a home is unsafe and still want to stay there.

Cordon lawyer:  On second thought, she'll just get her stuff...

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I like it. Corners are the new wide receivers. Feed me all the personality and trash talk. Nom nom.

I guess? I like that sort of stuff to a point. But Ramsey's shtick strikes me as obnoxious (and fairly ill-informed). I mean, if I want that level of heel-ism, I'll watch pro wrestling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.