Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Cordy Glenn traded to the Bengals

Interesting.

This is consistent with McDermott placing a huge premium on player-availability.

I liked Cordy well enough, and always wanted to see him do well after he was maligned in his draft year as a poor fit at tackle. Godspeed.

TSW has a tweet saying "Bengals move down in the 1st" so maybe we moved up.

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski
FollowFollow @JimOwczarski
More

Can confirm the #Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn. Bengals move down in the first round, but pick up the salary.

I tend to like how Beane goes about his business.

Peter Schrager ‏Verified account @PSchrags 27s27 seconds ago

Compensation for Cordy Glenn trade: Bills and Bengals swap 1st Round picks. Bills go to 12. Bengals go to 21. Teams also swap 5th and 6th round picks.

Edited by Jokertecken

Peter Schrager ‏Verified account @PSchrags 27s27 seconds ago
Compensation for Cordy Glenn trade: Bills and Bengals swap 1st Round picks. Bills go to 12. Bengals go to 21. Teams also swap 5th and 6th round picks.

That puts Glenn's value in the deal at a mid-2nd rounder. That is a sweet deal from the Bills end IMO.

Makes it much less painful to move up with the Giants/Colts now that we are at 12.

That puts Glenn's value in the deal at a mid-2nd rounder. That is a sweet deal from the Bills end IMO.

Makes it much less painful to move up with the Giants/Colts now that we are at 12.

This move really sets the table to jump into the top 5 if need be.  I like it.

Agreed. I love this move by Beane. There's no way this is the final move we make before we pick either

The guy's a full blown sociopath.

I'm actually dumbfounded by that interview

With the Watkins draft (ugh), it cost that year's 9th and the following year's first to get up to 4th? Was that it?

What would it cost to go from 12 to, say, 2 or 3?

Is it, as Taro suggests, 12 and 22 to get into the top 5? Maybe also have to throw in a second-day pick as well?

Edited by That Aud Smell

With the Watkins draft (ugh), it cost that year's 9th and the following year's first to get up to 4th? Was that it?

Is it, as Taro suggests, 12 and 22 to get into the top 5? Maybe also have to throw in a second-day pick as well?

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

According to TSW our first rounders are worth 2000 points, the #2 overall is worth 2600 points

FWIW the draft pick value chart says to get to #3 it would take roughly #12 and #22. So very doable.

Edited by Samson's Flow

Per the Draft Value Chart, yes I know per rumors that GMs really do not use this too much,

It would take 12, 22, 54 and probably 65 to move to 2.

Pick 3 or 4 would be less

Bengals also get the Bills 5th rounder and the Bills get the Bengals 6th

If this is a precursor to moving up, they must be looking at Rosen or Mayfield. Unless they're hoping Jackson is available at #12 and they use #22 on another need. If it's Rosen, they may have to go to #2 - Mayfield, either 5 or 6 dependent on Cousins.

Edited by Gramps

At this point we have to think they are going to keep moving up and are prepared to throw their 2nd- and 3rd-rounders at the situation as needed.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

It's risky but I'm prepared to give McD and Beano the benefit of the doubt, unlike the series of bozos that preceded them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.