Larsson to have hearing for his cross check. Updated 2 Game Suspension

Brawndo

funny one, just a fan from inception

is Larsen any good really, is he a penalty killer?

No loss here I’d rather someone else than him on the roster

shouldn’t you root for a Canadian team here.

right on. What does Larsen actually do on this friggin team

No he frakking shouldn't, he is here because he is a sabres fan just like me.

Very glad he got the 2 games; that was total BS.  It's a shame FL has no one in the lineup who could have gone over and taught Larsson that we don't do like that over here.

Larsson is a total disappointment, along with the rest of the team.

Send his ass back to Sweden.

Very glad he got the 2 games; that was total BS. It's a shame FL has no one in the lineup who could have gone over and taught Larsson that we don't do ###### like that over here.

Larsson is a total disappointment, along with the rest of the team.

Send his ass back to Sweden.

I find it hard to be disappointed with a player I had zero expectations from. Edited by inkman

I don't get all the Larsson haters here.  This guy is a solid bottom sixer that doesn't cost a lot of money and is just hitting his prime years.  He was having a career year (on pace for 15 goals) playing with Gionta and Foligno against the other teams 1st lines when his arm exploded (dislocated wrist and elbow) and required surgery.  15 goals for a 3rd line two-way forward/grinder is gold.  That's more than Foligno or Gaustad ever got us.  Injury clip here.

https://youtu.be/InHiXfbKsWo?t=19s

That injury was vicious - I thought his career was over and he wouldn't be the same guy.  Because before that hit he was fearless, fast, and solid in both zones.  It took him a while this season but he is almost back to where he was.  Even in that Florida game he is carrying that puck from behind the net to the front of it with 2:30 left in the 3rd period for a solid scoring chance.  And then when one of his teammates is getting slashed and high-sticked, he goes over and blast the guy in the face with a cross check.  That is someone playing for more than just himself.  Again, more than Gaustad ever gave us. 

Yes, this year he seems a bit slower, and his defensive play has been hit-or-miss, but this guy is putting it back together and could be our Dixon Ward, Matt Barnaby, Vaclav Varada type player.  If you watch the lines he takes without the puck you can tell the guy is coachable and knows his stuff.  I don't think Johan has hit his ceiling yet, and I think he is the kind of player that we need, because this team doesn't have a lot grit, and its going to get even softer when we lose Kane and Gorges.   Plus it's fun to say Johan in the terminator voice.  

I like Johan’s game when he’s on - he’s the definition of hard to play against - but we haven’t seen that much this year.

Varada is a great take on the role he should be filling but there have been too many nights where he doesn’t do anything to get noticed.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

That injury he had was nasty last year. I remember someone who had a similar injury saying that it takes like a couple years for your arm to be back to normal, to have the ability to fine-tune its motions while feeling normal. That's devastating for a guy with stone hands and ~10 goal potential to begin with. You can tell he's lost any semblance of touch with the puck he may have had (snipes against Florida last year, Detroit the year before)

Edited by Randall Flagg

What about Okposo being full of piss and vinegar of late? That's not really his M.O.

I chalk it up to him being a proud man that doesn't like losing, especially when he is counted on to be a difference maker.  And it also might just be a veteran trying to keep the younger and fringe players motivated and competing during yet another losing season. 

That injury he had was nasty last year. I remember someone who had a similar injury saying that it takes like a couple years for your arm to be back to normal, to have the ability to fine-tune its motions while feeling normal. That's devastating for a guy with stone hands and ~10 goal potential to begin with. You can tell he's lost any semblance of touch with the puck he may have had (snipes against Florida last year, Detroit the year before)

Yeah, I was shocked that he was back to start the season, and I was equally surprised he wasn't as fast or quick.  I figured he'd be focusing on his feet while rehabbing his arm, but it just might have been too hard to train effectively before camp started and he had to be in game shape.

I don't get all the Larsson haters here.  This guy is a solid bottom sixer that doesn't cost a lot of money and is just hitting his prime years.  He was having a career year (on pace for 15 goals) playing with Gionta and Foligno against the other teams 1st lines when his arm exploded (dislocated wrist and elbow) and required surgery.  15 goals for a 3rd line two-way forward/grinder is gold.  That's more than Foligno or Gaustad ever got us.  Injury clip here.

That injury was vicious - I thought his career was over and he wouldn't be the same guy.  Because before that hit he was fearless, fast, and solid in both zones.  It took him a while this season but he is almost back to where he was.  Even in that Florida game he is carrying that puck from behind the net to the front of it with 2:30 left in the 3rd period for a solid scoring chance.  And then when one of his teammates is getting slashed and high-sticked, he goes over and blast the guy in the face with a cross check.  That is someone playing for more than just himself.  Again, more than Gaustad ever gave us. 

Yes, this year he seems a bit slower, and his defensive play has been hit-or-miss, but this guy is putting it back together and could be our Dixon Ward, Matt Barnaby, Vaclav Varada type player.  If you watch the lines he takes without the puck you can tell the guy is coachable and knows his stuff.  I don't think Johan has hit his ceiling yet, and I think he is the kind of player that we need, because this team doesn't have a lot grit, and its going to get even softer when we lose Kane and Gorges.   Plus it's fun to say Johan in the terminator voice.

. They are trolls... not even real Sabres fans.

Agree with his recovery and potential. Despite frenchie’s statement, Johann is coming baak... it has taken a while but Id taken him over ERod at this point... though those two and Zemgus make very good 4th line imo... once the Sabres actually can get guys for a 2nd and 3rd line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.