John's Team  

46 members have voted

1. 1. His team will be...

• New York Islanders
    • NYI
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto

I think the Sabres keep ROR now and have him just shadow Tavares everywhere.  On the ice.  Off the ice.  Even when we're not playing TOR.  Wait for him at the airport.  Across the room at the steakhouse.  In the next booth in the Champagne Room.  Just ROR following him around and Lady Byng stick checking him at every life event.  Wear him down.  Sap all potential out of that $11M per year.

I think the Sabres keep ROR now and have him just shadow Tavares everywhere. On the ice. Off the ice. Even when we're not playing TOR. Wait for him at the airport. Across the room at the steakhouse. In the next booth in the Champagne Room. Just ROR following him around and Lady Byng stick checking him at every life event. Wear him down. Sap all potential out of that $11M per year.

:lol:

I think the Sabres keep ROR now and have him just shadow Tavares everywhere.  On the ice.  Off the ice.  Even when we're not playing TOR.  Wait for him at the airport.  Across the room at the steakhouse.  In the next booth in the Champagne Room.  Just ROR following him around and Lady Byng stick checking him at every life event.  Wear him down.  Sap all potential out of that $11M per year.

ROR to Toronto, to sap and poison the locker room!

The same as the Bills/Patriots rivalry?

Nah. It means game on.

Besides... this from a Packers fan...  the Bills/Patriots don't have a rivalry. That's like saying the Packers/Bears had a rivalry in the 80s or 90s. It's not a rivalry if one team crushes the other at every opportunity.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Nah. It means game on.

Besides... this from a Packers fan... the Bills/Patriots don't have a rivalry. That's like saying the Packers/Bears had a rivalry in the 80s or 90s. It's not a rivalry if one team crushes the other at every opportunity.

LOL, reminds me of the 70s. The 0-20 Bills always listed Miami as their top rival. Buffalo was like, 19th, on their list. THAT was pain. Edited by Neo

Welp...I was hoping Tavares would head west but I knew that wasn't realistic. Unfortunately, we're going to have to get used to the Sabres being Toronto's whipping boy for a while.

I’m adjourning to my library. Somewhere is a faded hardcover by Elisabeth Kubler Ross ...

Nah. It means game on.

Besides... this from a Packers fan... the Bills/Patriots don't have a rivalry. That's like saying the Packers/Bears had a rivalry in the 80s or 90s. It's not a rivalry if one team crushes the other at every opportunity.

It's also not a rivalry when one of the teams is making the playoffs and adding top centers when the other is finishing last and signing Scott Wilson.

I like where the Sabres are headed, but right now, there's no comparison.

Which stage are you...still at denial?  ;)

Truthfully, I moved to acceptance almost immediately. I’m focused on our roster. I am missing the “hate Toronto” gland and acknowledge that’s debilitating here!

It's also not a rivalry when one of the teams is making the playoffs and adding top centers when the other is finishing last and signing Scott Wilson.

Right. The Sabres are still the Bills. But the Leafs aren't the Pats. They are more like the Dallas Cowboys. 

Edited by Thorny

Official he is not going back to the Islanders per Arthur Staple

Incarcerated Bob is reporting he is a Maple Leaf

There are not enough in the world for he who shall not be named. that guy and his BS horse he rode in on. Why so many people cling to him as gospel I'll never know.

Well yes, off the ice, the Leafs have won every offseason since we started the tank -- so I guess they're winning the offseason rivalry. They even moved the Clarkson contract for crying out loud.

But in head-to-head matchups against us the past few seasons it hasn't really mattered as IKnowPhysics stated. That could change with the addition of Tavares, but they haven't won anything yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.