Can This Franchise Be Saved? How Long Will It Take?

GASabresIUFAN

Another rumor I heard from a well-placed source this morning: The dressing room is a shambles, with four or five factions of players battling for control.

I’ve labeled this an intangibles/ locker room problem since before Bylsmas job was at risk. The talent is here, their heads are not.

Conspiracy theory. Jbot wanted lockerroom choas so he could teardown the failed team TZm built.

He inherited chaos. He didn’t need to create any.

I think he wanted to understand the dynamics before deciding how to fix it. He had to know that this team was a mess.  Look at last summer and the cluster that it was with exit interviews and then the Murray Bylsma firings. 

Another rumor I heard from a well-placed source this morning:  The dressing room is a shambles, with four or five factions of players battling for control.

1 - Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Bogo

2 - ROR, Okposo, Gorges, Pominville

3 - Larsson, Risto, Lehner, Josefson

4 - Girgensons, Scandella, McCabe, Nolan

5 - Hamilton, Batista, Brandon

6 - Vinz

OK... Eichz, Reinzie, Kanerz and Zachzie.

Who else? Who else?

Falk, Nolan and Girgs maybe.

Then get those 3 bozos out of the locker room, and tell Eichel to be a leader of men. No faction needed.

More Hulkster, less Hollywood Hogan ft NWO.

The Rangers color commentator just told a story I hadn't heard. Maybe it was posted here. Around Thanksgiving Phil called Jack up and the two of them skated alone for a while, talking about how it's Jack's job to step up and be the leader, and get the team and franchise out of the rut. Isn't that when Jack started to turn his season around? People wanted to talk about Russ Brandon in the locker room but I thought that was interesting. 

The Rangers color commentator just told a story I hadn't heard. Maybe it was posted here. Around Thanksgiving Phil called Jack up and the two of them skated alone for a while, talking about how it's Jack's job to step up and be the leader, and get the team and franchise out of the rut. Isn't that when Jack started to turn his season around? People wanted to talk about Russ Brandon in the locker room but I thought that was interesting.

This is great story and is a very plausible explanation on his improved play.

The question is why didn’t the Sabres Broadcast ever stay anything about this?

The way it was told wasn't with a "Jack you suck be better" attitude or anything either, it was a "we're in this together Jack, you and I have to do this and with your abilities, a focused effort towards leading in all aspects of being a hockey player will really start to get things going in the right direction"

I haven't been a fan of Phil so far but that was nice to hear. 

Maybe Jack should call Phil up, go for a skate, and tell Phil how it's his job to step up and start coaching better. In terms of raw hockey talent, this Sabres squad is probably only a little below the league average (1.0 ppg caliber) yet is somehow producing at a Tank Year level (neighborhood of 55 points). Bottom of the league in both scoring and in Phil's supposed forte of defense. Unacceptable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.